Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Splitting USB 1/2

markblack77

I might have got this wrong, so bear with me.

If you are recording guitar and mic at the same time and sending them via USB 1/2 how do you make it so the guitar ONLY goes to USB 1 and vocals got to USB 2.

At the moment I can only see how to send them to USB 1/2 at the same time and obviously i then get both guitar and vocals combined on both tracks.

Cheers

Mark

Rather than trying to split USB1/2, try reassigning your mic output block to USB3/4. Then create two stereo tracks for recording in your DAW. Set the record inputs to USB1/2 on one track to record your guitar and set the inputs on the other track to USB3/4 to record the vocals. That way you can continue to use and record any stereo FX you want to assign for your guitar and vocals signal paths in Helix.

Rather than trying to split USB1/2, try reassigning your mic output block to USB3/4. Then create two stereo tracks for recording in your DAW. Set the record inputs to USB1/2 on one track to record your guitar and set the inputs on the other track to USB3/4 to record the vocals. That way you can continue to use and record any stereo FX you want to assign for your guitar and vocals signal paths in Helix.

In addition to what silverhead said, it would be a good idea to record two more tracks at the same time corresponding to USB7 (guitar by default) and USB8 (mic by default) for the dry tracks.

thanks for all that.

USB 1/2 is a stereo pair. USB 1 is the left channel while 2 is the right channel. To answer your original question, pan guitar hard left and mic hard right. If guitar goes to USB 1/2 as output, there will be no guitar in USB 2.