Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No sound through PC

forerunner_uk

Hi,

I've plugged the Helix into my PC's USB port hoping to hear sound come through the normal speakers. It doesn't work.

I've installed the Helix software and can see that there is a driver now. I can select "Speakers Line 6 Helix" as a sound source/output but if I do I can't hear anything not even the normal PC sounds. If I choose my old sound driver I can hear the normal sounds again but no Helix.

I've tried a recording program and no Helix sounds are recorded.

I can use the Helix software to edit patches etc so the USB lead is fine and the PC is connecting to the device.

I've got Windows 10.

Any ideas anybody please?

• Upvote 2

The Helix becomes your soundcard so you need to connect your monitoring solution directly to the Helix.

There should be an option in Windows sound control panel with an option "listen to this device" (or something to that effect), however, that is not really the proper work flow.

• Upvote 1

Thanks got it.

There is a slight latency between playing and hearing the sound. Can anything be done about that?

If you're monitoring directly through the Helix, using the USB 1/2 out, there should be no latency.

There is a slight latency between playing and hearing the sound. Can anything be done about that?

Yes, connect headphones and/or monitors directly to your Helix. 

If you are using the "Listen to this device" method, the latency is from your pc's integrated soundcard.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, DeadDetail said:

if you are using the USB 1/2 as the out do you still need to connect monitors directly to the HELIX
to hear it can your monitors connected through another interface be heard with the USB 1/2 connected. 

Hi,

It all depends how you route the signal in and out of your computer. For example you could have your computer set to receive USB 1/2 In from your Helix and have another audio interface selected to receive the USB 1/2 Out as the audio output device and have your monitors connected to that. It just needs to be configured in your computer system. There is a similar situation where Helix can also transmit MIDI via the USB cable and when I have my Arturia Keylab controller hooked up alongside, I have the computer rigged to listen to MIDI info from the Keylab and USB Audio signal from Helix. There’s nothing to stop you having some smaller desktop monitors hooked up via an interface from the computer and also some larger studio monitor speakers on the Helix (or even FRFR) to cross reference your sound.

Hope this makes sense/helps