Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pro tools using HD Pro as interface :(

incurab1e

Hi,

When I've got my HD Pro connected to my PC via USB, Pro Tools only recognises that as an interface.

I want to use my Focusrite Saffire 56, the usual interface, and to be able to use the HD edit to play around with sounds.

Is that possible?

Win 7 64bit

Saffire 56

Pro Tools 10

This should be no problem.

I don't know the specifics of Pro Tools, but make sure you have the drivers installed for both the HD Pro and the Focusrite. In the DAW, select the Focusrite as the device to use. I assume there is a way to select different audio devices in Pro Tools.

That's it. To use HD edit, just run it.

Hi, thanks for that.

The hardware dialogue in pro tools only recognises the HD pro as the interface when its connected via USB. Its like some kind of hostile takeover! :)

The focusrite is the default hardware for all audio, and I've been using it to run everything for a few years now. This only happens when the HD Pro is connected 

Is the focusrite still the default device (the OS default) when you plug in, or turn on, the HD Pro? It could be that the HD Pro becomes the default when turned on. If that's what's happening, I think you can just set the default with both devices turned on and it should be good from that point forward.