Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

high frequency noise and my acoustic. what Ive learned

tntenterpises02

Ok so I have a breedlove cr25/cre pro american series that has LR Baggs element pickup system. by itself the unit will turn green and produce some sound but the inerference is overwhelming and causes sound to become less audible. bought metal hosa adapter ts to ts and more of the same. spoke to line 6 and LR Baggs and  apparently unit just isnt compatible with some units. Some will work with adaptor , some will work if plugging the transmitter into a customized short length of cable depending on the unit, the severity of the noise and where you are able to locate the transmitter away from the guitar. This option is sort of like adapting the g10 to be like a g30 for your acoustic. I have experimented some by soldering a short piece of cable to a ts jack and was able to make the noise disappear depending on location of the transmitter. it certainly was picky and not perfect though this was with the transmitter plugged into an open ts jack and not really a nice shielded plug in. May update further if I buy a proper jack to solder into a length of cable. Im debating now to return the g10 for the g30... is the g10 worth the convenience with the guitars it works with ? not sure

• 3 weeks later...

Saw your reply on my thread as well - thought I'd chime back in.  I was able to solve my high-frequency interference AND reverse-polarity issue with one fell swoop:  By using a length of cable about 2 feet long, and locating the transmitter on the back of my guitar strap, old-school style.  The mono cable handles the polarity problem the same as the recommended adapter, and putting the transmitter away from the guitar eliminated the interference.  I actually used a few leather strips and mounted some snaps on them and the guitar strap as "stays" for the cable.  But only because I'm not a "zip tie and duct tape" kinda guy.  In some ways, I prefer this setup since the transmitter had a tendency to get bumped while sticking straight out from the endpin of my acoustic.  One good whack could have easily broken it off.  Now I'm using a right-angle cable connector and all is well.