oehman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

File this under:

"I should have noticed that..."

The biggest problem with the 2.0 models, for me, was the low output of the Spank models. So I tried boosting the pickups in all Spank models to the max 6db. It sounded better, but still not as loud as my American Strat. 
Then I noticed the "Preset Volume" on the bottom left of the Workbench HD interface. Genius! I raised the preset volume of all Spank models 4db and set the pickup outputs to +4.5 db. Perfect. 

The "preset volume"  resolves the other thing that bothered about the Variax. The volume of the models is designed to match the guitars that Line 6 modeled. 
So the Lester is naturally loudest. But I want all my models to play with the same output, so switching models in in mid-set (or mid song) doesn't require changing pedal or amp settings. 

So I went through all the models and matched their volume to the Lester model. 
Then, I adjusted the height of the actual pickups in the guitar so the their output matched the output of the Lester model.
Then, I connected the Variax through Workbench and played each model vs. the Lester model. It takes some time, but I raised each model to match the output of Lester. I did this because the output of Lester is actually really close to my actual Les Paul. Most of the models needed a little extra output. One of the acoustics needed a db reduction, so I typed in -1. 

I'm sure many veterans of Workbench knew about the Preset Volume. But it sure was a perfect fix for the minor gripes I had with he Variax. I don't usually like to tinker with stuff this much, but it was well worth it!
Spank sounds damn good now!

Thanks

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15520 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

you should post your volume leveled bundle here: http://www.vguitarfo...php?board=138.0

could save alot of work for others :)

#3 oehman

oehman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

OK uploaded as

All Models Output Adjusted to match

http://www.vguitarfo...hp?topic=9388.0

Thanks

#4 JoniKatita

JoniKatita

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

Thanks man but, all banks are the same. They are all "Lester-1" to "Lester-5". You must select the correct bank to save.

#5 oehman

oehman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

Crap.

I thought I could save a bank by clicking on the header before saving. It highlighted the 5 positions for the bank that I named and saved them. But I guess you have to load (double click on) a model, then click the bank header and then save as a bank.

I just re-saved and uploaded them. Workbench is still new to me....

Sorry for the mix-up.

#6 JoniKatita

JoniKatita

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:59 AM

Thanks man... all is ok now. Good work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users