Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD400 DSP Boot Failed Error

moseswebb

PRELUDE:

- The XP computer I was using died.  I had to purchase a new computer.  I no longer have access to that XP computer.

- Unfortunately the new computer is running Windows 10.

- In the process of reloading all software (POD Farm) and drivers, during the firmware update something failed (as others has posted).

- The HD400 will no longer boot up.

FACTORY RESET DOES NOTHING:

- Returning the HD400 to factory reset does nothing for this issue.  Others have tried.  Has nothing to do with the reboot error.

- The inability to boot up clearly has to do with the attempt to update the firmware, which failed during the process.

CAN NO LONGER CONNECT HD400:

- As others have reported, Ling 6 Monkey does not recognize the HD400 as being connected; therefore I cannot reload the firmware, or

attempt that procedure.

- This is where the issue lies ultimately.  Without a way to communicate with the HD400 and reload SW I am dead in the water.

THE END:

By now Line 6 I hope has some useful feedback to repair this problem and render my boat anchor a useable piece of audio equipment again. From older threads it does not appear that anyone has come up with a fix for this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Downvote 1

DL the flash file to your HD so you can choose "Flash from File".

Safe mode reflash:

Power up while hold "A" down, connect USB fire up L6 Monkey and reflash.

Recalibrate the Exp pedal if that works - I think its hold "D" while powering up.

Reloading all the software must have worked so you had a USB connection for the HD (or you wouldn't have wanted to reflash). so Hopefully things will work.

• 10 months later...

I have a POD HD400 that froze while trying to update, now I get DSP Boot Failed Error - tried everything listed above but no success, I get an error message on monkey every time after trying for 10-15min  PodHD400 screen says Downloading.... until I unplug it - what can I do? How do you know it's in "safe mode" when re-starting while holding down A? It just says "push presets for factory restore" 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue after trying to update my HD400 - DSP Boot Failure. Trying to reset to factory default does not help and I haven't had a response from Line 6 support for a couple of weeks now (I created a support ticket asking for a solution).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 12:52 PM, Jeffsar said:

hey there I was trying to update my pod hd400 and it gave me the same error , after reinstalling the usb frimware and trying to install the firmware from file I think it worked just fine

I cannot connect via usb to the device after the dsp boot failure. Do you recall how you reinstalled the usb firmware?