Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Pro X volume dropping at random.

mborsini52

My POD sounds great for a while after it has been on for a few minutes and warms up. After playing for a few minutes the gain and tone/volume fluctuate at random on any patch I use. If I click a few different patches a couple of times the tone returns for a few minutes and drops out again. Amp technicians have not been able to figure out what is causing this. It is quieter when I first turn it on and gets louder as I play and continues to fluctuate the whole time.

That sucks, few things try parking all the knobs at 0 prior to starting up and maybe run it not sitting on the cab (if you are). It could be knob movement by the vibrations.

When my trusty XTL does random things I give the old knobs the spin routine, it can help (left right repeat a few times).

Are you running the latest firmware in it?

If it does the volume jump without the FBV plugged in then its not the FBV.

IIRC - been a while - Hold D while plugging the cat5 cable in. Release D and go through the procedure (toe- heel, D for next).

Perhaps a Vid for the L6 Tech guys might persuade them. Sometimes the old adage is true.

• 1 month later...