Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Worship setup using POD XT

I've just been asked to play guitar for a worship band and have a POD XT and a Fender Twin amp. I'd like to see if there are any factory default patches that come with the POD XT that are appropriate for worship and create a bank with the following sounds:

A - Acoustic

B - Fender clean with optional chorus

C - Crunch

D - Lead

I come from a Van Halen, Def Leppard, Rush background and want to make sure I don't overdo it with the distortion. Can anyone recommend any patches? 

I used to use the XT a lot and would say you are going to have to dial them in using your gear. The patches in Custom Tone have soooOooo many bad ones that trying them out would be madness. I am not saying don't try but keep that in mind.

If your amp has an FX loop I would set the XT to Studio Direct and go in there as a start.

The XTs have the tones in there. :)

Thanks, BillBee. I'm going through the pre-set patches and think I'm going to use and modify "6D Plush" for the rhythm patch. I'm running it through the Drive channel on my Fender 212R with the drive all the way down and, because it's so bright sounding, with the treble on the amp turned almost all the way down. 

Try to dial the patches in with some volume cranked too. A great sounding patch at bedroom volume can turn to poo when cranked up. Try to set all the amps tone knobs to a neutral setting - like all 5s so you won't have extra EQ'ing except for what the XTL is set for.

• Upvote 1