144 replies to this topic

#141 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

I have tried alternate tunings on my 69 and I do not hear any of the unaltered tuning in my output. 

#142 robdog03

robdog03

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

So, funny story.

I dislike the "HD" acoustic models, so I downgraded to FW 1.71 to get the old acoustics back.

Firmware 1.71 seems to fix the alt-tuning problem as well. Which makes sense, because I never had the problem with firmware versions prior to 2.0.

More of a work-around than a solution, I suppose; but there you have it. Plus, now I can use the acoustics again.

-Rob

#143 broker2

broker2

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

I went back to 1.82 and my alt. tuning is working now too.  cal

#144 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

My guess is that for some reason with 2.0 the new feature to blend in the mags is not being turned off when you are getting "Ghost Notes"  Since it is turned off with older FW, it can be solved by FW too.  It's probably not a hardware problem.

#145 fiumanoj

fiumanoj

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

I have also heard these "ghost notes" in alternate tunings, especially on the high e and b strings.  I've also noticed that the effect is more pronounced when the high e string is tuned to a different pitch than the low e (in drop Db, for example).  I believe that the cause is a sympathetic vibration of the low e string when the high e is plucked in an alternate tuning.  I can hear the ghost note(s) until I mute the low e string after plucking the high e.  If I mute the low e and a strings before I pluck the high e, then the ghost notes disappear, or are significantly lessened.  This would explain why the effect is absent when the low e string is tuned to "e" (even in an altered tuning), since the sympathetic vibration would be at the same pitch as the one through the piezo.  Any thoughts on this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users