Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hello,

I'd like pro advice on speaker placement for a nice size show:

here is what I have.....

(4) L3t to "fly" mains

(4) L3m to use on High's mains

(4) L3s for bass.....

placement advice please....

question 2.... it seemed that when I run them thru the input then out ...and into the next speaker.... the last speaker was very weak! should I always use L6 link? can I run all of these on L6 link?

thanks

Steve

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

...should I always use L6 link? can I run all of these on L6 link?

For what it's worth, Steve...

My advice would always remain a definite, unequivocal "Yes" and "Yes" ! 

(Taking care to use and separately identify AES cables such as these https://www.globalfu...ode=98-036-0006 for your "runs" of L6 Linking.)

It seems to me a shame that verges on the criminal to have paid for state of the art total digital system control, only to surrender part of that system to a host of analog vagaries such as the one you suffered.

("Grand Larceny, Audio" is the charge, Officer. Now, put the cuffs on and take him away.) 

As for "placement advice", none of us can help in the absence of fully detailed information regarding your application and venues.  

#3 schrismer

schrismer

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

Thanks Ron..... only thing is with those cords are... and for the the record I OWE alot of Line 6 gear not just these speakers.... I had had bad luck with those cords...they don't work short out quick, I use regular mic cords

biggest this I was wondering was has anyone fly'd (2) L3t's side by side but at a 30 degree angle side to side and then set the pull back to that venue....

then set the L3s with the L3m on the long poles on the ground right beside the sides of the stage??

#4 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

Sorry Steve...

But I still don't really understand what it is you're trying to achieve ...and there's no indication of the all-important scale.

Could you post a diagram, with dimensions ...and provide details of your "brief" ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users