Photo

Problem With Monkey Vs Fbvshortboardmkii And Spider Iv 75

Best Answer TxHCBP , 03 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

Figured it out and feel like a TOTAL dummy! My new anti-virus kept the Monkey from contacting the Shortboard or the Spider. I disabled it, and the update went without a hitch.  Sorry I wasted your time.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TxHCBP

TxHCBP

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

NOT a happy camper! Tried to check the FW versions on my Shortboard and Spider, but the Monkey doesn't see either one! Any ideas? :(

#2 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1744 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

This is not an uncommon problem, if you search the old forums, you'll see many people with the same issue.

1) Make sure you have the FBV MkII hooked up to a USB jack (usually in the back of the computer) that is not a 'remote hub'.  Check your computer panel to see if the computer recognizes the device when you hook it up.

2) Uninstall Monkey, make sure you delete ALL Line 6 files (uninstall will  not remove the files, you have to do it manually) and folders.   Reinstall Monkey and Spider Edit and try again

What O/S are you using?  I ended up using a borrowed laptop running an old Windows version rather than what was on my computer at the time.  I haven't had the need to try it with a newer computer with Windows 7.

#3 TxHCBP

TxHCBP

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:27 AM   Best Answer

Figured it out and feel like a TOTAL dummy! My new anti-virus kept the Monkey from contacting the Shortboard or the Spider. I disabled it, and the update went without a hitch.  Sorry I wasted your time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users