Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Right handed Variax guitars restrung

Thanks for the info Charlie. Unfortunately it seems that a Variax guitar is not in the stars for left handed players at this time unless we undertake the risk of modifying the guitar.

While my first choice would be a left handed Variax guitar if one existed, I'll have to settle for a GR-55 or Boss GP-10 with a GK3 pickup. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Endury101 Charlie is right. You can't just turn them upside down. But it is possible if you want to take a risk and void the warranty. You can see a few pictures of mine on twitter. @nofretlefty or search on the hashtag #leftyvariax. It was worth the effort I love the guitar. Happy to help if you want to give it a go. I've created a pattern for the pickguard and am working on the routing patterns so any reasonable woodshop could make a body. Also, I have another project up my sleeve for us lefty's. Out of respect for Line 6 you will have to PM off line.

Hi Endury101 Charlie is right. You can't just turn them upside down. But it is possible if you want to take a risk and void the warranty. You can see a few pictures of mine on twitter. @nofretlefty or search on the hashtag #leftyvariax. It was worth the effort I love the guitar. Happy to help if you want to give it a go. I've created a pattern for the pickguard and am working on the routing patterns so any reasonable woodshop could make a body. Also, I have another project up my sleeve for us lefty's. Out of respect for Line 6 you will have to PM off line.

:lol:

"Out of respect for Line 6...", who won't make a lefty for all the lefties out there!!!!!

If they made a Variax that totally suited my tastes/preferences, I woudn't feel the need to vaxplant into a Strat clone, and that's choice, not genetics...

I don't feel the need to be apologetic to anyone about that.

Don't concern yourself with feelings around here, it's a business-model. Apart from the trolls of course! :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...

:lol:

"Out of respect for Line 6...", who won't make a lefty for all the lefties out there!!!!!

?

I've had a left-handed 500 for well over 10 years! Unless I'm mistaken and it's not a 500. Is there any way I can determine which model it is?

• 3 weeks later...