2 replies to this topic

#1 spmartin

spmartin

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

I have not seen this posted on the forum, so I thought I would post it.

I wondered how long it would take to charge a battery from dead to when the red light flashes. I just timed it at 3.5 hours. (give or take a few minutes!)

For any of our international members, this was on a 110 volt ac outlet.

#2 McLenison

McLenison

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

That's about the right time frame.  The instructions I received said something to the effect that you should charge it about an hour longer because when it shows it is fully charged, it is really only about 95 percent charged.

#3 TxHCBP

TxHCBP

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Interesting. I didn't SEE any instructions with my 59. Only instructions I have are in the pdf I d/l'd from the site.

However, I must agree with Mac: somewhere around 3.5 hrs (I haven't timed it, but started it just before supper and let it run 'til bedtime). That included the extra for the "last" 5% or so to get a truly full charge. Of course, our voltage here is a touch high at around 125V (rural power company, and it varies a bit more than most). (Most U.S.A. power runs within about 5% of 117V; even though most people CALL it 110, it isn't.).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jtv, variax, battery, charging, time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users