Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV 69 changing two single coils problem...some help???

post-1739561-0-09104100-1479869623_thumb.jpgHi ,

I changed my neck and middle pickup with emg hz s1 and i got very bad second (bridge+middle) position....phase poroblem...

So i resolder my factory bridge humbucker, i changed his phase and i got briliant straty sound...

New problem--- pickoups pulling strings out of tune in low position...

I am consulted some luthier and they told me i can try to return bridge pickup in original wiring, and to change phase on my two emg single ciols...I did it  and then the main problem occurs - single coils don wont to work when  phase is changed !?!

Does somebody know explanation for this situation?

Factory bridge work fine in boath case , but two singles work only when they are soldered like on shematic +/+ and -/-

Also, is it possible to  solve a problem of pulling strings out of the tune on this vay?

Also, is it possible to solve a problem of pulling strings out of the tune on this vay?

If the pickup is pulling strings out of tune, then it's simply too close to the strings. It has nothing to do with how you have it wired. The magnet strength is what it is, and doesn't change no matter how you wire it up. Some are stronger than others...

If the pickup is pulling strings out of tune, then it's simply too close to the strings. It has nothing to do with how you have it wired. The magnet strength is what it is, and doesn't change no matter how you wire it up. Some are stronger than others...

Yup - too close to the strings.

Ok, i agree with you, and i can find compromise height of pickups... I have more then  ten guitars with diferent pikoups ( emg sa, 81, 85, 89, gibson, dimarzio at, pro track, seimour duncan....) and i never had problem with pulling strings, ...anyway I found a compromise height and this is ok.

I still can't understand why my two singles don't work at all when phase is changed??