Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Effects Dropping Out at Random (solved)

RevCain

I am experiencing a little snag while playing around with my Toneport on Pod farm. I will be playing and the effects will just drop out. Not the entire signal, just loses the tone. When I go to open recent and select the same tone it comes back. It seems to happen at random. I dont have to restart the PC or software, just re-select the tone ( a custom tone I made) and it comes back.

I dont know if anyone else has had this problem and knows a quick solution, just figured I would ask. Im going to try a better USB cable and a different USB port to see if that helps.

This little snag doesn't bother me too much. I have multi effects I can use as I don't seem to have any problem at all when using it as just an interface. It records into my software fine without Pod farm running. The latency is unnoticeable ( love that) and it seems to be nice and quiet (no noise, static or pops),

When using Reason 9 and Pod farm to record it works seamless and the tone is great, the effects just drop every now and then. I would like to see if I can solve this dropout problem so I can get more involved with using Pod Farm and Reason to record my guitars. I really like what I hear and look forward to tracking it.

The tone I am getting from the software is honestly very impressive (coming from a new user), and it has inspired me to take a close look at Line 6 effects processors.

Just FYI: I am using the Toneport UX8 and Pod farm 2.5 with all of the latest firmware and software drivers. 

Solved (I think) , Yay !!! :)

Well I don't know what exactly solved the issue, but here is what I did and it seems to have worked.

1. Updated Audio Driver (a new audio driver was released for my motherboard a couple weeks ago)

2. Switched to a different USB port (moved it from the back to the front)

3. Changed the AC plug location from the power strip my PC stuff was on to its own AC outlet

Played 5 or Six songs back to back and no issues ! 

Man I love the tone I am getting for my punk stuff. Have the tube screamer running w the Plexi Amp and a 4x12 Cab. EQ and a Gate and it really does sound pretty close to the sound I was hoping for.

Ill be browsing tones others have provided to download. I am SO impressed with this UX8 and its only my first full day playing with it!