Photo

Wireless Floorboard? Goal = No Cables On Stage?

wireless fbv

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5277 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

If that is not the case, if Line 6 is using the FBV's _nonstandard_ RJ45 interface to control their amps, that is just a really dumb engineering decision which, again, highlights how and why capitalism is ruining Corporate America. I can just imagine being a fly on the wall during a Line 6 strategy meeting while some bean counter got out his calculator and figured out how many pennies they could save by using the _nonstandard_ RJ45 port to control their amps.

What do you mean by "non-standard" RJ-45 port? They are regular old RJ-45 connectors... They're just using them to send their own communication protocol. I don't see what's so bad about this. A lot of Line 6 amps also have MIDI ports, so if you want to use some other third-party controller, you certainly could.

I don't see how you're taking this and turning it into a rant about the evils of Corporate America.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#22 istlota

istlota

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

What do you mean by "non-standard" RJ-45 port? They are regular old RJ-45 connectors... They're just using them to send their own communication protocol. I don't see what's so bad about this. A lot of Line 6 amps also have MIDI ports, so if you want to use some other third-party controller, you certainly could.

I don't see how you're taking this and turning it into a rant about the evils of Corporate America.

Everyone, even our WarMonger-In-Chief [Mein Fuhrer Obama], knows that Corporate America is evil. Yes, evil. That adjective accurately describes an entity which would place profit above human life --- above love, truth, and justice. Sadly, most of my fellow Americans are no more than what the Matrix movies correctly portrays as a Coppertop --- a good slave, living in a prison that you cannot see or touch or taste or smell, existing symbolically as a Duracall Coppertop battery --- existing only to empower the Matrix by either their silent or active consent.

Ah, but a Coppertop dares not allow other slaves to wake up, take the red pill, and say [gasp ... in public!] as I do every day of my life that ...

The Emperor Has No Clothes!

Years, no decades, I have watched and I have seen America --- the country of my birth --- turning more and more into little more than a tool by which the _evil_ Corporate America destroys all that is good and righteous in this world. You have not yet admitted it, but even you know perfectly well that there is something fundamentally _evil_ with an entity which would create pretend money out of thin air, con the coppertops into working their entire lives and exchanging all that real wealth [labor] for their worthless fiat money, and then using that stolen wealth to buy our politicians [Obama, Bush (daddy and son), Clinton (husband and wife)].

Being bought and paid for by the campaign donations of the _evil_ Corporate America, our sellout elected leaders then proceed to kill, torture, displace, starve, and poison the Children of Zion.

Indefintely detaining innocent people for years in torture chambers like Gitmo Bay --- denying those poor souls even the dignity of taking their own lives to escape the tyranny of the Evil One.

And chasing those of us who wake up and take the Red Pill all over the planet [Snowden, Assange] to Shut Us Up. Some of us, it kills [Swartz, Hastings]. Others it imprisons [Manning, Hammond].

But We Will Not Shut Up! A long as We have breath in our bodies ... As Long As One of Us is Still Alive ... We Will Fight For Zion!

If that means making it impossible for Coppertops like you to find anyplace --- not even on the Internet -- to deny that 'there is no spoon' ...

So Be It.

The Matrix ... do you want to know what it is?

#23 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14826 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

I fail to see how ranting douchebaggery is going to change the equation.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-28764-1378941389-2.

#24 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5277 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Ah, but a Coppertop dares not allow other slaves to wake up, take the red pill, and say [gasp ... in public!] as I do every day of my life that ...

The Emperor Has No Clothes!

peering%2Bsam%2Bwhat%2Bis%2Bthis%2BI%2Bd

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#25 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1618 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

Guess we need a moderator on this forum!

#26 radatats

radatats

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

Apparently I have reached my quota of negative comments for the day or I would have voted the above rant down.  Can we just stick to guitar/amp/music issues PLEASE? I get enough political stuff everywhere else...

l6+sig+pic-1.png   

#27 NinoScholz

NinoScholz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

Sorry for starting an apparent sh*t storm!!

Bad idea!! Wireless bad! Cables good!

honestly, i dont think i'd want another wireless to deal with after considering all this. 1 cable on stage i can handle. Beats 4 for pedal board, effects send, effects return, footswitch, etc. At one point i had 5 going back and forth due to dual amp set up.

now with the pod, mesa 50/50, and splawn cab, i have ONE for the controller. I'll take it

#28 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14826 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

no reason to be sorry, was a legit and welcome question...

sometimes these things just go off the rails on their own....

in any case no fault of yours.

Sorry for starting an apparent sh*t storm!!

Bad idea!! Wireless bad! Cables good!

honestly, i dont think i'd want another wireless to deal with after considering all this. 1 cable on stage i can handle. Beats 4 for pedal board, effects send, effects return, footswitch, etc. At one point i had 5 going back and forth due to dual amp set up.

now with the pod, mesa 50/50, and splawn cab, i have ONE for the controller. I'll take it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users