Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Patch for 4cm

archo

I use the 4CM. My chain usually goes like this:

Gate > Comp > Wah > Modulation> Dist/OD > EQ > AMP > FX LOOP > Delay > Reverb 

Hey, you use a real AMP? Do you use Dist/OD and Comp even if that amp is in lead channel and if yes which one of thous you choose and how do you set them.

thx so far

Hey, you use a real AMP? Do you use Dist/OD and Comp even if that amp is in lead channel and if yes which one of thous you choose and how do you set them.

thx so far

I use the modeled amps on the POD. Sometimes I make a "Mix" between the modeled amps and my Marshall AMP 100w. (leaving the FX LOOP block switched on) When the amp is in lead channel I don't  use full distortions, I tend to use stompboxes just to color the amp tone a little, for example a screamer with a little gain only and the output leveled... sometimes I just place an EQ in front of the AMP to alter some frequencies.The combination of all this is what makes your sound interesting. This is just my preference, you should find what's better for you.  

I use the modeled amps on the POD. Sometimes I make a "Mix" between the modeled amps and my Marshall AMP 100w. (leaving the FX LOOP block switched on)
When the amp is in lead channel I don't  use full distortions, I tend to use stompboxes just to color the amp's tone a little, for example a screamer with a little gain only and the output leveled... sometimes I just place an EQ in front of the AMP to alter some frequencies.The combination of all this is what
makes your sound interesting. This is just my preference, you should find what's better for you.  

Sounds intresting. I use the POD as Effectboard for my Engl Gigmaster. Actually I'm not EQing ist because the Engls EQ ist extrem precious. 

In the moment I use that chain.

Sustainer (to boost the Preamp) -> FX Loop -> Volume Pedal (at 80% for Lead/Rythms 100 for Solo) -> Modulations -> Delay -> Reverb -> Studio EQ( Gain +4 for Solo Boost)

Sounds intresting. I use the POD as Effectboard for my Engl Gigmaster. Actually I'm not EQing ist because the Engls EQ ist extrem precious. 

In the moment I use that chain.

Sustainer (to boost the Preamp) -> FX Loop -> Volume Pedal (at 80% for Lead/Rythms 100 for Solo) -> Modulations -> Delay -> Reverb -> Studio EQ( Gain +4 for Solo Boost)

Nice amp man...! yeah, there is a lot that you can do using this method...be careful of not falling in the "trap" of trying to improve your tone every time you play, sometimes is better to enjoy and have some fun with your best patch  

Nice amp man...! yeah, there is a lot that you can do using this method...be careful of not falling in the "trap" of trying to improve your tone every time you play, sometimes is better to enjoy and have some fun with your best patch  

In the Moment I'm pretty satisfied with my tone. I've more the problem to become well sorted. Espacially to work with the latency between patches is a problem.