Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A way to open the Relay G10 receiver

santosgera

As I recalI there is an adhesive sticker on the bottom that may be concealing a screw. I've never opened any of the 3 G10 Receiver bases I had.

Rather than attempting to open it and explore the damage, you may want to open a support ticket with Line 6 to have the unit replaced. This presumes you are beyond your vendor's return exchange duration.

Line 6's warranty coverage is exceptional! Hopefully they will cover your scenario. Absent the receiver base being driven over or crushed, I'd like to imagine they would cover you for a mere drop if the exterior is not horribly disfigured. You'll only know once you open a supoort ticket.

Thanks for the help, but I live in Brazil. A friend bought it for me in the USA. I think the spare part is not important, as the fall was mild, and it continues working perfectly. I had already took off the adhesive and loosened the screw hidden, but is still trapped. I'm going to leave it as it is.

Thank you!

The screw is in this hole, hidden by a sticker. After removing the screw you have to force the sides with a thin screwdriver. It takes a lot of care, since the latches of the plastic may break. I do not advise anyone to open it, unless it is necessary.

Thank you. Might be useful because of the poor design of the USB power-connector, which will surely break right after end of warranty.

• 1 year later...

Right about usb power connector mine broke away from circuit board 2 weeks after end of warranty have tried to repair but need electronics guy

I would open a support ticket anyway to see if Line 6 will still take care of you. I know of a few cases where they did. 

• 3 years later...
On 11/29/2016 at 2:44 PM, santosgera said:

I was able to open. It is only fixed by a screw. What had broken was a plastic piece. The circuit is very well protected.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SNAP THE PIECE OF PLASTIC BACK IN PLACE ON THE UNDERSIDE OF THE BOARD INSIDE