Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flextone II XL - problem saving custom Effects to Effects knob

Longtime Line6 user, but I need some help if you can. I have a Flextone II XL, and I'm trying to save my tweaked effect settings to the effects knob. I have the manual and followed the steps (Hold SAVE, hit MANUAL, tap "B" button, then hit save), but nothing I do seems to save my setting. All stay at the factory defaults. I followed this same procedure to save my preferred amp setting to the amp dial (tap "A" button for this one) and it work just fine. I can save patches with custom effect settings just fine. I just can't modify the settings on the effects stored on the effects knob.

In frustration, I reset the factory amp settings to defaults hoping it would clear the issue, but it didn't. 

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? 

Thanks, Dave

If the Flexy was not saving settings after restarting I would say its time to change the internal battery. Its one of those coin type ones - its soldered but a doable job.

Saving should be "save" "channel a-b-c or d" then "save" . I don't recall the "manual" button which should cancel the save procedure.

IF it keeps screwing up then I would try saving with the floorboard or using L6 Edit. If the presets are saved while the unit is on then it might be a button issue (hit it with some DeOxit for cleaning). If when shut off then changes are gone when restarting then its time to look at the battery IIRC its a BR2325 but a CR2325 is easier to find and should work.

Hopefully, its just you hitting the "manual" button that is causing the prob.

Hope that helps!

Bill

My issue is not with saving custom patches to amp channels - that works just fine.

My problem is when I try and save my tweaked effects settings to the Effects knob. Following the steps in the Line6 manual, I hold "Save", hit "Manual", ABCD buttons all flash as they should. When I hit "B", the "B" button remains lit, others go out, then I hit "Save". That's supposed to do it.

Problem is, nothing seems to get saved to the effects knob. I turn the effects knob and the effect that plays is the original, not my modified one.

If it was a problem with the onboard battery, would that not prevent me from saving amp settings too? (Which I can do fine)

Example, I want the delay settings default to be 180ms / 36% feedback, 18% depth. I get that sound dialled in, and follow the save procedure. When I turn the effects knob away from delay, then back, the delay time is back at 400ms.