Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Turning off one effect with the other

bowkore

In one of my songs I harmonize a 4th down then I harmonize a 3rd down. I have them on 2 separate footswitches and rather than clicking one off then the other on and so forth is there a way to do it so I click on the 4th down then when I click the 3rd it turns the 4th off, then when I click the 4th back on it turns the 3rd off?

Was hoping I could use the expression pedal to set where the harmony was but not sure if thats possible so I could just rock the pedal back and forth rather than clicking

What's called bypass is really toggle. If you have a bunch of blocks assigned to the same switch, in any combination of on and off, pressing the switch turns the on ones off and the off ones on. The switch's light follows the block that's "current" on the switch, which you can cycle through by touching (not pressing) the switch.

In that song, do you ever play without the harmonizer at all?

Because then you'd have to have a third state assigned to that footswitch (no harmony at all) and you'd have to double tap it to get from the first state to the third.

I accomplish this same thing through an A/B split block (you would have the 4th on the A path and the 3rd on the B path, or vice versa).  One footswitch would turn the effect on and off while another would switch between paths.

Yes, you still have to hit two switches if the effect is off and was left in the "wrong" path.

But I think it's cleaner this way; I get confused when I have to toggle through effects on the same footswitch.

• Upvote 1

In that song, do you ever play without the harmonizer at all?

Because then you'd have to have a third state assigned to that footswitch (no harmony at all) and you'd have to double tap it to get from the first state to the third.

Excellent point. And you can't assign a third state to the footswitch. You would need to use two separate switches (as he's now doing) or another method like the A/B block you describe.