Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best sound ever using Firehawk 1500

talwilkins

I have to say, I am absolutely overwhelmed by the Helix in combinatination with Firehawk 1500!

At first I used my DT-25 and was very happy with the sound but had trouble cutting through the mix in the recordings made at rehearsals with a Zoom.

I had trouble with my Variax 89F again and was about to get my 3rd new one and decided to trade for a Firehawk 1500 (had the same price). Bax music shop agreed.

The sound I'm getting from this setup is really increadable! It's really very transparent and cuts through the mix unlike anything I've tried before.

Now, looking back at the sound from DT-25 it was pretty smudgy actually, although I was very satisfied at the time.

So, if you're thinking about Firehawk or another FRFR, don't hesitate. It really is the way to go with Helix and probably any modeler.

Anyways, that what I think.

• Upvote 1

Great feedback!

I really wish my Guitar Center or other local shop would get one on display to try. I hate to order large, bulky items online that I may want to return.

How are you running it? 2 cable stereo with no center HF horn? 3 cable to enable horn? 3 cable Wet-dry-wet?

On another note, I wonder how bass would do through it and hold up live?

• Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just got an FH 1500 and running Helix line level 1/4 outs to FH monitor ins (Helix XLR outs go to FOH). I keep one ear of the IEMs in to hear the rest of the band and one ear bud out to hear the FH and stage sound. I like it but want to try w/d/w. Is it as simple as building off the Helix template preset with a blank patch on the FH? (adding Helix Send 1 to FH guitar in)

I just got an FH 1500 and running Helix line level 1/4 outs to FH monitor ins (Helix XLR outs go to FOH). I keep one ear of the IEMs in to hear the rest of the band and one ear bud out to hear the FH and stage sound. I like it but want to try w/d/w. Is it as simple as building off the Helix template preset with a blank patch on the FH? (adding Helix Send 1 to FH guitar in)