Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sticky Footswitch Fix?

elfritobandito

Hi all,

The first gig I ever used my Helix at about a month ago, someone put a shot on the floor next to it when I wasn't looking. I ended up bumping the shot with my foot and spilling a little. I found this after the fact. There was a little on the corner of the Helix but not enough to worry about. It took some time but now one of my footswitches is sticky. It works but is annoying. It gets better with use but then if it sits for awhile, it's sticky all over again.

Would it be dangerous to swab a small amount of mineral oil or something around the switch? I'm hoping it would work it's way down and clear up the gunk but I don't want to damage the switch permanently.

Any input would be appreciated.

Probably want one that contains some kind of lubricant. But those that don't might work ok too.

It would be nice however if someone from Line6 support verified this is OK before we all start doing it. 

I would love to see them sticky post up a recommended procedure and proper lubricant for fixing the expression pedal squeak/friction as well!

Probably want one that contains some kind of lubricant. But those that don't might work ok too.

It would be nice however if someone from Line6 support verified this is OK before we all start doing it. 

Agreed. Without knowing whats going on in there, I'm afraid to put much of anything on there and ruin the switch permanently. The amount of alcohol that got in there was obviously very little as it took weeks to work it's way down and become sticky. Thats why I'm hoping if I just swab something around it, it will eventually work itself out. But again, I'm not 100% comfortable potentially ruining my switch just to make it less sticky.