Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Running a POD HD Pro X Through A PA/Board

rbm01991

So I've been looking for an answer for this and I've been driving myself crazy.

I have a POD HD Pro X, and at home I use a set of studio monitors for amplification, as this unit is also my recording interface.

I took it to practice last night and plugged it into the board and I got no sound out of it. I ran it through the 1/4" unbalanced outputs and I got nothing, I tried on different channel strips and tried raising volumes left and right and I still didn't get anything. I switched it from line to amp mode and I still got nothing.

I ended up using a Marshall MG for rehearsal since I couldn't get it to work.

At this point I'm not sure what to do, do I have to get a power amp to run it through the board? or is there something that I'm doing wrong on the unit itself?

Take a microphone plug it into the board and make sure you have signal out of the PA first. Then try the POD. Set your "PFL" on for the board or "solo" or whatever you have to check the incomming level, adjust POD Master volume as need to make sure you getting line level or close. The POD is outputting based on the normal amp working with it. So you will need to use the meters on the mixer to find where your losing signal. I would guess it's either not getting out of the mixer itself or just not getting to the mains.

As hurghanio said the ONLY THING YOU HOOK  a power amp output to is  A SPEAKER.

absolutely not!!!!... power-amp would burn the mixer board!!.. the big power it delivers is to drive cab speakers!!..

does the issue happen with every patch you have?..

however given that at home with your monitors it works, I would investigate better the PA board at rehearsal and the cables

Ok, I thought so, so I'm not crazy.

Theoretically, I should just be able to plug the POD into an input on the board, raise the fader and get signal right? Do I need to make any adjustments on the I/O settings?