3 replies to this topic

#1 randallholton

randallholton

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

I must have the left the pack on and it looks like there is some corrosion in in the body pack.  Any ideas of how to make it work again?

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

It'll definitely need a "clean-up" before you try applying volts again, Randall...

But if the "mess" is really bad, the internal damage may well have proven fatal, requiring a whole new TBP12 beltpack.

Start with the contact strip on the "swing door".  

Initially, it is normally relatively easily attended to by gentle abrasion with a pot-scourer dipped in (of all things) milk.

(Milk is just acidic enough to gently neutralise the white alkaline gunk that we're trying to remove ...and at this point it's worth noting that with any such abrasive cleaning of corrosive residue, "gentler and longer" is always better than "harder and faster".)

Once we can no longer see any "gunk", it's often best to burnish the contact areas with a tiny dab of toothpaste on an old toothbrush, followed by a scrupulous "washing down" with cotton applicators that carry a tiny amount of a kerosene-based "WD"-type contact cleaner, followed by a really careful "towelling off" to complete the treatment.

The really hard bit is then to repeat all of those steps with implements similar to the above electrical-taped (or otherwise fixed) to the end of a screwdriver or whatever handled implement that you find grants you access to the battery compartment's internal "spring" contacts.

Here's hoping...

#3 johnderosa

johnderosa

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:44 AM

My G50 transmitter has suddenly stopped working, no battery light up even with fresh batteries.

One of the internal battery contacts (-ve) looked a bit manky but not badly gunked up, I usually leave the batteries in after a gig, but replace with fresh Duracells everytime (gig about 24/year).

Tried a bit of light cleaning, apparently to no avail.

New transmitter needed? :-(

Won't put me off buying another, mind, love it, and it's nearly idiotproof (which is important for me, being a bass player).

Next time I'll take the batteries out between uses.....................!

#4 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

...New transmitter needed? :-(  ...

http://www.sweetwate...e/detail/TBP12G

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users