Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V 240 vs. FireHawk ??

leomel

I love my Firehawk .. for electric guitar, acoustic guitar and even synth guitar .. but I don't love the weight.

It looks to me like the new Spider V 240 has a lot of the same features ... 43 lbs (20 lbs lighter than the Firehawk)

and 1/2 the price. It features stereo and ability to amplify acoustics as well as electrics.  What are others feeling

about this?

• 3 months later...

I'm wondering the same thing.  I have a Spider V 60 for home and small duo gigs.  I like the wireless G10T ability.  I don't think the 1500 has wireless.

Just for clarification, You can use the GT10 wireless with the Firehawk, but it won't charge the device, you need the GT base to do that.

Just for clarification, You can use the GT10 wireless with the Firehawk, but it won't charge the device, you need the GT base to do that.

That is confusing.  It would seem that you would also need the base to connect the output to the input of the Firehawk - just like any other amp.

That is confusing. It would seem that you would also need the base to connect the output to the input of the Firehawk - just like any other amp.

Don't mean to confuse anyone, but you plug in the base receiver(that also charges the transmitter ) into the Firehawk or whatever device you want to use. And the transmitter into the guitar , and you have wireless.

I was just making a point that even though the Firehawk 1500 does not have the receiver / charger built in like it does on the spider , you can still use it, but yo must have the full kit as you would use it for any product. I think we are saying the same thing , just I may have worded my original post a bit blurry

Don't mean to confuse anyone, but you plug in the base receiver(that also charges the transmitter ) into the Firehawk or whatever device you want to use. And the transmitter into the guitar , and you have wireless.

I was just making a point that even though the Firehawk 1500 does not have the receiver / charger built in like it does on the spider , you can still use it, but yo must have the full kit as you would use it for any product. I think we are saying the same thing , just I may have worded my original post a bit blurry

Cool.  I bought the Spider V 60 as my home and extremely small gig amp just for the G10T feature.  And then I'm thinking about getting the FBV-3 controller, while I'm at it.  So the obvious next step would be the Spider V 240 or Firehawk 1500 for my big boy amp (to replace my Fender Mustang III V2).

Cool.  I bought the Spider V 60 as my home and extremely small gig amp just for the G10T feature.  And then I'm thinking about getting the FBV-3 controller, while I'm at it.  So the obvious next step would be the Spider V 240 or Firehawk 1500 for my big boy amp (to replace my Fender Mustang III V2).

I really like the FBV 3 as its plug n play . I have not tried the spider 240 yet. I would like to try one out. I also have a mustang 3 v2. Great little amp.

Just a few thoughts , To keep in mind, the Firehawk 1500 is one heavy Amp.

Also I understand that Some people are reporting hissing when it's turned up at gig levels.

I don't gig , I do turn it up loud , but not gig levels. I also use the amp as a cab frfr for my modelers , I really like it , but I don't like the weight. Lol.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

Hi everybody.

I do use a Firehawk 1500 with the FBV3 and the Relay GT10 (whith its base connected to the Firehawk 1500 input) and I really LOVE it with my GODIN LGX, assuming using on electric sounds AND acoustics sounds.

And my friend rythm guitarist from my groupe APOPHYSE, in France, has just bought the Spider V 240 with the GT10 tranmsitter and the FBV3.

So we can quickly give you some feelings comparing the two amps.

I figure that the Firehawk 1500 should be better than the Spider V 240, especially when using acoustic sounds or streaming audio files, as it has somme middle freq coaxial speakers that the Spider V 240 does not have.

But I think that concerning electric sounds, the two amps should sound as well, as the 12 and the tweeter are the same on the two amps. But we'll see !

regards from France

Simon

Hi all ! Finally, my Friend tested the Firehawk 1500 and he loved it... So he has decided to cancel the Spider V 240 order to buy a Firehawk 1500 as a remplacement order.

So I will not be able to give you some feedbacks on the Spider V 240...

Best  regards from FRANCE,

Simon