Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jam Monkey?

I just downloaded 1.72 - about to re-try recording via UX2 on a new Windows 10 machine.

Jam Monkey looks completely different than the last version I used - now it just looks like a driver download tool, versus the recording interface I was expecting.  Did that older interface go away?  Is there something in it's place or should I just go to Audacity?

Thanks.

Hey There,

Are you sure you aren't mixing something up? There is a L6 Monkey for drivers and such but I never heard of the Jam Monkey. For the UX2 you would need to use it with Pod Farm and to record a device like Audacity (DAW).

I work at Line 6 and have never heard of it.

There's CD's for Gear Box, POD Farm, Riff Works, Ableton Live (lite, no saves) and Reason (lite, no saves).

There's a Line 6 Monkey for doing firmware updates for different products.

One of the POD Farms was a free CD in my interface product stash, but the later ones like POD Farm 2 I think

you for and even need an iLok which I needed to get my upgrade.

Line 6 Monkey v1.72 is the latest version of that, for getting downloads and updates for your Line 6 products.

I work at Line 6 and have never heard of it.

There's CD's for Gear Box, POD Farm, Riff Works, Ableton Live (lite, no saves) and Reason (lite, no saves).

There's a Line 6 Monkey for doing firmware updates for different products.

One of the POD Farms was a free CD in my interface product stash, but the later ones like POD Farm 2 I think

you for and even need an iLok which I needed to get my upgrade.

Line 6 Monkey v1.72 is the latest version of that, for getting downloads and updates for your Line 6 products.

Maybe it was Gear Box - what does that one do - and is it a free download?  Thanks

+1 to BillBee

Forget about Gearbox (except as an editor for the PODxt or POD X3 units).

If it is a red Toneport, you can use POD Farm 1.12 for free (and possibly, but not likely, POD Farm 2 dependent on the date it was first registered).

If it is a black POD Studio you most likely will be able to use POD Farm 2 for free (depends on the date it was first registered).

Neither of these are recording software. POD Farm (and previously Gearbox) is used to get your audio to your DAW and to process the amp models and effects.

You still need a DAW to record (Digital Audio Workstation).

Do you remember what software you were using to record before Win10?