Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Share your Great Patches Club...

Megadeth1313

I'm looking to become friends with HD 500X User's to build and create some of the best patches ever made.... Please for all gen's of music...

My special talents are in Metal and Classic Rock and Surf and Blues....and Southern Rock... So... to give you an example... I would like to find

someone who is good at making some good  "Earth, Wind and Fire"  Patches for a friend of mine... And if someone needs some Iron Maiden

patches I could help then we work together in this way.....  and we start sharing and communicating ideas and tweaking our patches by

communicating on this forum....  My name is Allen.... so Please help me start this and let's work together.... Thanks... :)

• Upvote 2

Its a great idea but its tough to find real specific tones that translate between rigs.

The best way of building a patch is to look up the guy's rig and see what he is using. Sometimes you can find the details of the pedal chain too. Guitar World used to do a rig rundown and go through the details.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to become friends with HD 500X User's to build and create some of the best patches ever made.... Please for all gen's of music...

My special talents are in Metal and Classic Rock and Surf and Blues....and Southern Rock... So... to give you an example... I would like to find

someone who is good at making some good "Earth, Wind and Fire" Patches for a friend of mine... And if someone needs some Iron Maiden

patches I could help then we work together in this way..... and we start sharing and communicating ideas and tweaking our patches by

communicating on this forum.... My name is Allen.... so Please help me start this and let's work together.... Thanks... :)

It's a nice idea, but the results are virtually guaranteed to be disappointing, and not because anybody is deaf, stupid, or crazy.

The "club" already exists anyway...it's called Customtone. Trouble is, it's almost useless. One man's idea of the "perfect Joe Satriani tone" will end up sounding like Johnny Ramone on another rig...there's never any tonal continuity from one player to the next when the only common ground between rigs is the POD.

It's like expecting to be able to sound like Pavarotti by wearing the same tuxedo...