Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sierra issue with Toneport UX2

HI,

Upon upgrading to Sierra my Steinberg interface started causing kernel crashes that could not be resolved, so I installed my trusty old Toneport UX2.

Newest driver, newest Line6 monkey, etc. It works fine except for 2 issues, number one of which is problematic:

(1) While recording (Reaper), there is no sound in my headphones. Playback, the headphones work fine. The problem is I can't hear what I'm playing while I'm laying a track on top of a recorded track. I can hear the recorded track but not the sound I'm inputting through the microphone/line in.  I've checked every possible setting, and nothing changes this behavior. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver several times with reboots in between. No luck.

(2) On booting, as the machine starts and powers the UX2, the line level meters flicker and as they do loud pops come out of the monitor speakers. They are very loud and irritating. I can live with this one but I'd rather not.

Apple did a number on the core sound functionality of the O/S and how it interacts with the USB stuff, apparently, because all of the various vendors seem to be having issues.  I am hoping there is a workaround for the issues above.

Thank you,