Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix QSC K10 Connection

jsfolgers

New to the helix and the frfr thing. I am having an issue getting the helix connection to my QSC K10 to work correctly. I'm used to just plugging an acoustic direct into the speaker and I was good. But with helix none of the patches with distortion are coming through correctly. How are others connecting to frfr and hopefully more specifically QSC speakers? Thanks.

All FRFR speakers are not created equal. Yes I know that sounds like a misnomer but its not. You will have to "tweak" it to what sounds good to you, is the short answer.

For example, I use a Firehawk 1500 and Im using the L/R monitor ins on it, but still had to adjust Helix to my ears, thru it. 

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that none of the dirt is coming through. On any of the presets. Every preset comes through as clean. I think either my connection or my helix/QSR setup is wrong. Should I use 1/4 out of the helix and directly into the QSR or XLR out of the helix directly into the QSR? The helix works fine into my headphones. The output is set to multi on all of the presets.

It sounds to me like something is set wrong on the Helix. I always use XLR out to my K10, but you should also be able to use 1/4" just the same. Make sure you don't have your paths split and running one to the output and the other only to digital or something.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Figured it out. When no one else can figure out what you have done wrong it has to be user error and it is usually a really simple thing. It was user error and it was a really simple thing. Never forget to check the gain on the speaker input you're using. Had it down below 0db. Now I'm happy again and my neighbors are not.