Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Poor Volume Pot Performance and Some Kind Of Bug

I gotta say I've become quite frustrated with Line 6. I have had my "refurbished" 89F for 8 days, and only been able to play it around 5 hours. Since I've got some kind of snap, crackle, and pop issue with the VDI, I decided to plug in a 1/4 cable and see how it worked. I got absolutely nothing. Volume turned up all the way and still nothing. Fully charged batter. I tried it connected to my 500X and then went direct to Hi-Z input on my Octa-Capture audio interface, still nothing.. Then out of no where I got sounds. But the sounds were very faint, and I had to turn the gains up nearly 3/4 on my audio interface to hear anything. I played with the volume a bit and noticed that from 1/4 to 3/4 the volume level responded very little then after hitting 3/4 to full there was dramatic jump in volume.  So I started playing and practicing a song, and then nothing, not a single sound out of the thing.

Did I really pay 1k for something with such poor quality? Didn't the tech who "refurbished" the device even test the guitar out before boxing it back up? I purchased it directly from Line 6 too. My guess is they got the device back, plugged it in, and it worked for their tests and the issue didn't present itself. So they boxed it up and sold it as refurbished and in all likelihood they didn't do anything to it. So they sold the same faulty product twice. I even wonder if they even tested it at this point.

Feeling quite frustrated and had to get some of the frustration out.  I thought I might actually get what I paid for, and I could get much better with a Christmas bundle for $200 at guitar center than what Line 6 sold me. 

I suggest you open a support ticket.

http://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

Thanks Uber Guru - 

I did do that prior to posting my frustration filled post on the forums.  

In the mean time, I tried doing a refresh of the 89Fs firmware. I was surprised it actually completed with all the snap, crackles, and pops that occurred.  I am anxiously awaiting to hear back from Line 6..  

Again, thanks for your input. I really appreciate it..