Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

RJ-45 Variax input jack broken

Hi all. Season's Greetings.

In a rush in a cluttered studio yesterday, I stepped on my Variax cable that was plugged in to my Line 6 POD XT Live. I believe it is broken nicely as far as the plastic housing although I don't yet know if it still works and also whether any of the connections to the PC board are damaged. I only use the POD to power and control my old Variax 500 which I record with occasionally and I'd like to fix it.

My question is.....are these fairly easy to replace if one has a decent knowledge of soldering and working with such items or is this really best left to a Line 6 tech and sending it in to be repaired? I have located these online and the part is inexpensive....I'm curious to start opening things up but I thought I would ask you more experienced people here just in case there is any "stuff" where it would be better I don't mess with it myself.

Thanks folks.