Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

"Assign footswitch to bypass selected block"

pearlfukinjam

Ever since upgrading to 2.11, this randomly starts flashing on some presets without my input.  I can clear the msg and then it will randomly happen again.  It causes problems if I"m in the middle of editing a preset, it will all of a sudden take over and stop whatever I was doing for this command.

Or sometimes it will just randomly jump to another pedal I had selected to another one, without input.

Has this happened to anyone else?

How do I make it stop?

I see what you're saying, but it will happen right after going to a new preset and I haven't touched anything.  I can cancel out of the "reassign" and within 30 secs it does it again.

It should not be doing this unless you are touching and holding the cap-sensitive switch for a second or two. It sounds to me like one of your cap-sensitive switches is acting up. Is it always the same switch asking for your to select an assignment?  If so, you may need a repair, if not it could be a firmware issue and I would back everything up and try reflashing the firmware again.  As a matter of fact, I would try reflashing the firmware again in either case. Also, did you make sure you did a global 9&10 reset after your last update?

Ever since upgrading to 2.11, this randomly starts flashing on some presets without my input. I can clear the msg and then it will randomly happen again. It causes problems if I"m in the middle of editing a preset, it will all of a sudden take over and stop whatever I was doing for this command.

Or sometimes it will just randomly jump to another pedal I had selected to another one, without input.

Has this happened to anyone else?

How do I make it stop?

This happened to me the other day while recording with my Helix. I'm looking down at my strumming hand and I notice my Helix flash the same screen without touching it at all. Of course it reverts back in a second or two

Hmm, the first time I remember seeing this error being reported is since the 2.11 update. Could be total coincidence but I am curious to see if we start seeing more reports of this. If we do I hope people mention their firmware version and how long they have had their Helix so we can see if this connected to the age and usage level of the switches, random failures, or if it is connected to the latest firmware update.

It seemed to always occur on the 11th footswitch (bottom row, 2nd from right).  The touch sensitivity wouldn't work, though the button did.  

Actually I was on 2.10.  I upgraded to 2.11 and it appears to have been corrected. Touch sensitivity is back .  Hasn't happened once on multiple patches in about 1/2 hr.  

Thx all!

• 2 weeks later...

So it appears that the issue is occurring again with the 11th switch.  Since I upgraded it doesn't appear to be software but hardware.

Any suggestions to "clean" the button so to speak that that it doesn't always think a finger is on it?

I turned off touch sensitivity until I need it.

• 1 month later...

Line 6 tells me it has to be repaired... Great. (not really) it's not even 2 weeks old and I was sick as a dog the first week I had it and barely touched it. 

i'm quite unhappy that I get a defective unit for what these go for. :-(

So it's going back to MF on March 6th. I have a gig on the 4th and need to see how it works in a live rock situation.

Jimbo

Same issue here: 10th stomp switch, that is, bottom row, 4th from the left. It has false positive "touches" and "assigns" randomly and frequently.

I bought my Helix two months ago and the issue has been present on Firmware versions 2.11 and 2.12.

I'm going to see if I can isolate it. Maybe there's a particular connection, like USB or an XLR, maybe a bad ground from the wall outlet. I have the Helix plugged in to a surge protector also.

Honestly, I'm grabbing at straws to keep from having to be without it if it has to go back for service.

If I learn anything I'll update.

Same issue here: 10th stomp switch, that is, bottom row, 4th from the left. It has false positive "touches" and "assigns" randomly and frequently.

I bought my Helix two months ago and the issue has been present on Firmware versions 2.11 and 2.12.

I'm going to see if I can isolate it. Maybe there's a particular connection, like USB or an XLR, maybe a bad ground from the wall outlet. I have the Helix plugged in to a surge protector also.

Honestly, I'm grabbing at straws to keep from having to be without it if it has to go back for service.

If I learn anything I'll update.

Take it back from where you bought it from, and they may exchange it.