Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

latest Line6 Tech - Moving Forward - getting connected

podperson

I have owned a Pod XT since shortly after it first became available, It has served me very well, but I know that just like all digital based hardware, its days are limited. Either through hardware failure, or through obsolescence it will at some point be of no use to me.

I have honed my tones stored on the XT to match my playing styles and compliment my modest collection of guitars.I am afraid that if I dont take preventative measures, all could be lost.

My biggest obstacles are a severely limited budget, and limited space, and that's why the XT was such a good match for me.

At first glance, the POD HD500X is the closest relative to the XT, but I do not have the floor space for it. I love how compact the XT is. I can use it on my Desktop through a DAW, take it out to the patio and jam through headphones on nice days, and it even sounds great when I play through a clean amp with the Amp's EQ dialed flat.

My main question is, what is the current Tech available through line6 that is the closest to the  XT? Anything that bypasses the hardware issue completely? what has changed since the rise of tablet PCs and smartphones that I could use to an advantage?

Related Tech question:

I play strictly for my own enjoyment. I like to record only when I am 'In the zone' or breaking new ground creatively. Can someone recommend the tools necessary that would provide the quickest/shortest/straightest line from the output jack on my guitar to to a hard disk or recording device?

My current recording setup is a nightmare. The inspiration is often long gone by the time I get the cables connected, make sure the Sd cards have room etc.