Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Another battery/charger question

Apologies for a dumb question, and yes, I did a search in the forum but can't quite find the answer I need. 

I've had my JTV 69 for about 3 years, haven't used it much (acoustic player, can't quite get my head around electric-but I have played on some videos I've shot and produced for non-profits) - recently got a Helix in the hope of using the two together to do some interesting things. So, I had some time over the holiday to play, went to power up my Variax, and the batteries wouldn't seem to take a charge.

Ok, probably dead batteries? So I ordered  a couple more batteries from Sweetwater, and the same thing. The charger just flashes its red light once a second or so. I've left them on the charger all night and no difference. And yes, I have made sure the batteries are seated well in the charger. 

I was trying to power up the guitar to use Workbench and to make sure I had the most up-to-date firmware for the guitar. 

How does the charger behave when it's charging/done charging? Is there a difference in the light pattern? I'm thinking I blew the charger - it was just left plugged in, probably since I bought it. 

Thanks!

Larry

"How does the charger behave when it's charging/done charging?

Is there a difference in the light pattern?

I'm thinking I blew the charger - it was just left plugged in, probably since I bought it."---

Could be any of the above, could even be a problem with power management in the battery box.

Your profile here says LA, I should probably check it out. I'm the guitar guy here.

Log a support ticket in your account.

Apologies for a dumb question, and yes, I did a search in the forum but can't quite find the answer I need.

I've had my JTV 69 for about 3 years, haven't used it much (acoustic player, can't quite get my head around electric-but I have played on some videos I've shot and produced for non-profits) - recently got a Helix in the hope of using the two together to do some interesting things. So, I had some time over the holiday to play, went to power up my Variax, and the batteries wouldn't seem to take a charge.

Ok, probably dead batteries? So I ordered a couple more batteries from Sweetwater, and the same thing. The charger just flashes its red light once a second or so. I've left them on the charger all night and no difference. And yes, I have made sure the batteries are seated well in the charger.

I was trying to power up the guitar to use Workbench and to make sure I had the most up-to-date firmware for the guitar.

How does the charger behave when it's charging/done charging? Is there a difference in the light pattern? I'm thinking I blew the charger - it was just left plugged in, probably since I bought it.

Thanks!

Larry

Only had my Variax about 4 months and the battery as stopped charging,replacement being sent out.

Like yours it just flashes red every second or so, when it was charging and working, I'm sure the red light just use to stay on when it was fully charged.

• Upvote 1

Q: What does the indicator light mean on the JTV battery charger?
A: A solid RED light on the charger indicates that the battery is charging. A blinking RED light means that either the batter is fully charged, or the battery was inserted improperly into the charger and needs to be re-seated properly. If you know the battery needs charging and you get a blinking RED light when it is put into the charger, please re-seat the battery in the charger.

• Upvote 1

Q: What does the indicator light mean on the JTV battery charger?

A: A solid RED light on the charger indicates that the battery is charging. A blinking RED light means that either the batter is fully charged, or the battery was inserted improperly into the charger and needs to be re-seated properly. If you know the battery needs charging and you get a blinking RED light when it is put into the charger, please re-seat the battery in the charger.

Yeah - I figured it USUALLY meant that - but it also blinks when NO battery is installed, and I have re-installed it numerous times with (now) four different batteries. I HAVE charged batteries in this before and it was fine - but it doesn't seem to matter how, or even if, I install the battery - it just blinks.

Yeah - I figured it USUALLY meant that - but it also blinks when NO battery is installed, and I have re-installed it numerous times with (now) four different batteries. I HAVE charged batteries in this before and it was fine - but it doesn't seem to matter how, or even if, I install the battery - it just blinks.

Sounds Like something happened with the charger - New Chargers are 49$ at Sweetwater - 

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/L6VBatCharge/

• 2 weeks later...