Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hello. I watched the line 6 video on how to record through a firehawk, but I need more help. Can you please tell he how to setup the recording on a windows 10 pc and which free recording software to download and use (UK). The guitar I'm using is a variax standard.

• 7 months later...

Connect Firehawk to USB, make sure you have all drivers installed. I recommend downloading "Reaper" a free to try software that only costs 60$ if you decide you want to pay for it. There is no time limit on the free version and paying for it doesn't unlock anything, so it's an honor system (I paid for it after about a year of fiddling). Once you install Reaper, open it up, and make sure your FIrehawk is set as the audio interface. There are YouTube videos that explain how to do that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

I have had the same problem with android on a S8+ tried to record with numerous apps could not record threw usb. Just about gave up then decided to try Soundcamp which is a Samsung app. And walla happy camper here. Hope this helps those with similar issues..ðŸ˜

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:47 PM, Dino413 said:

I have had the same problem with android on a S8+ tried to record with numerous apps could not record threw usb. Just about gave up then decided to try Soundcamp which is a Samsung app. And walla happy camper here. Hope this helps those with similar issues..ðŸ˜

How do you record the Firehawk FX through Soundcamp?

For reaper, assuming windows: (and depends on how you want to monitor, Firehawk drivers are absolute pieces of total crap compared to POD drivers, which aren't great, but are much more functional)

• Install Firehawk Software
  • Plug your Firehawk outs to your studio monitors
  • Open REAPER, click the sample right indicator at the top right corner (might show "audio device closed" or similar instead of a sample rate, depending)
  • Chose Audio System ASIO
  • Chose ASIO Driver Firehawk ASIO Drivers
  • Close preferences
  • Right click in the left track control panel area (TCP) and chose Insert new Track (or click menu insert new track)
  • Click the round red button (assuming stock theme) in the new track to arm the track.
  • Don't bother turning on the monitoring icon, Firehawk drivers are total crap and won't allow you to disable direct monitoring in the hardware. Get used to the idea that you have no confidence monitoring or the ability to record the unprocessed input while monitoring the DAW's processing
  • Hit record on the transport, upload your hit song to Distrokid and be the envy of your peers

• 1 year later...
On 6/3/2018 at 8:03 PM, pipelineaudio1 said:

For reaper, assuming windows: (and depends on how you want to monitor, Firehawk drivers are absolute pieces of total crap compared to POD drivers, which aren't great, but are much more functional)

• Install Firehawk Software
  • Plug your Firehawk outs to your studio monitors
  • Open REAPER, click the sample right indicator at the top right corner (might show "audio device closed" or similar instead of a sample rate, depending)
  • Chose Audio System ASIO
  • Chose ASIO Driver Firehawk ASIO Drivers
  • Close preferences
  • Right click in the left track control panel area (TCP) and chose Insert new Track (or click menu insert new track)
  • Click the round red button (assuming stock theme) in the new track to arm the track.
  • Don't bother turning on the monitoring icon, Firehawk drivers are total crap and won't allow you to disable direct monitoring in the hardware. Get used to the idea that you have no confidence monitoring or the ability to record the unprocessed input while monitoring the DAW's processing
  • Hit record on the transport, upload your hit song to Distrokid and be the envy of your peers

what do you mean by install the firehawk software, is it the app. Also AS10 Driver Firehawk thing doesn't come up, im totally lost

3 hours ago, SeaGarath77 said:

what do you mean by install the firehawk software, is it the app. Also AS10 Driver Firehawk thing doesn't come up, im totally lost

He means the Line 6 Driver for Firehawk. You'll find it in the Downloads section of this website. Select Firehawk FX in the Hardware field and Drivers in the Software field.

First you need to have the Line 6 driver installed. You will find it in the Downloads section of this website (see top of this page). On the Downloads page select Firehawk FX in the Products field and Drivers in the Software field. Download and run the driver installer.

After installing the driver and connecting your Firehawk FX to your computer via usb  the Firehawk FX device and its ASIO driver should appear by default as the active audio device in Reaper. If not you will need to manually select it in the Reaper Preferences.

Yes I am in Reaper preferences but Firehawk doesn’t appear when choosing ASIO as the Audio System. It only appears when choosing one of the following:

WDM Kernel Streaming (Windows 10)

direct sound

WASAPI (Windows 7/8/10/Vista)

waveout

i understood I had to choose ASIO

should I be choosing one of the other 4 above?

thanks in advance