Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M5 favorite settings. New user here

Jlectka1

Had a spot on my board and needed something versatile for my cover band. I sometimes need a trem or phaser or additional delay so thought the M5 would help me out.

Short story is that this $120 box really has some great sounds in it. I put together ten song-specific presets in about the first hour and they sound damn good in my rig. Talk about a great value

Anyway, wondering if there is a resource for some popular presets that folks are using so I can try them out. Maybe an acoustic type sound or some string emulations that sound good. Just curious.

Also, people say that the drives and distortions suck but I've found some really useful ones in there. Nice unit.

I use the m5 in from of my marshall, and an m9 in thr fx loop. I've actually found with some tweaking, some of the distortions and over drives to be quote useful, in fact I used thr m5 last night at a gig for all my gain. . And I have a tube marshall which has its own great gain sound obviously... having different distortions with thr m5 gives me more flexibility; pay no attention to people who expect stellar sounds out of the box.. they need sone tweaking. That said I have found a Facebook group or two specifically for the m5/m9/m13 where you could probably get a lot of ideas for tweaking and patches for your m5. I love mine.

I'll second the overdrives as well, you can find very useable effects in all the categories. Some of these may not find a ton of use in a cover band situation, but some effects that standout to me in the m5 are the Auto Volume Delay, Opto Tremolo, Obi-Wah, attack and string synth, octo and cave reverb.