Smashcraaft

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Registered Products:7

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:23 PM

Hi. Just in case anyone like to have models of JTV-59' magnetic-pickups, here is my first try.
This gives you the possibility to switch to custom-tunings with the sound of your mags.

Of course the tone-results may differ from guitar to guitar, but with my '59 I am 95 % there.
Attached File  2017-01-01 JTV59-ModeledMags.zip   1.73KB   90 downloads
content of the ZIP-file are three presets, no bank or bundle

HAPPY NEW YEAR :)
"I´m from Germany and I try to express myself understandable. But anyway… please excuse my poor english!"
FRFR-Setup: Variax JTV59 / 600 > POD HD500x / POD HD500 > Yamaha DBR12 / Superlux SF12A
One pedal to rule them all, One pedal to find them.One pedal to bring them all and in the darkness bind 'em.

#2 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1816 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • Registered Products:12

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:12 AM

Hi. Just in case anyone like to have models of JTV-59' magnetic-pickups, here is my first try.
This gives you the possibility to switch to custom-tunings with the sound of your mags.

Of course the tone-results may differ from guitar to guitar, but with my '59 I am 95 % there.
attachicon.gif2017-01-01 JTV59-ModeledMags.zip
content of the ZIP-file are three presets, no bank or bundle

HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

Thanks for sharing man! That was something I really wanted!

Before line6 was called line6... they used to do r&d for other companies like alesis + others. and when those customers came to visit the offices of line6 (before it was called line6) and the receptionist needed to warn all the guys who were designing products for other companies (and for themselves... ) who were like 'in the back' the receptionist would announce over a tannoy 'tellephone call for 'fred smith' on line 6' the cunning part was that they only had 5 telephone lines, so it was the secret code for "hide your sh1t the feds are comin'" or "someone's coming, let's hide these PODs that we aren't going to release for another few years so they don't see them" 

BEST CABS: www.studiocat.com

#3 Smashcraaft

Smashcraaft

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for sharing man! That was something I really wanted!

Your more than welcome! Please get back if you find the tone usefully or if you modify it for a better result.
"I´m from Germany and I try to express myself understandable. But anyway… please excuse my poor english!"
FRFR-Setup: Variax JTV59 / 600 > POD HD500x / POD HD500 > Yamaha DBR12 / Superlux SF12A
One pedal to rule them all, One pedal to find them.One pedal to bring them all and in the darkness bind 'em.

#4 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1816 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • Registered Products:12

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:04 PM

Your more than welcome! Please get back if you find the tone usefully or if you modify it for a better result.

This is much more better than the gibson of 2 version. I highly recommend it! It is the classic sound of the gibson 59, the one we all love... ;)

Before line6 was called line6... they used to do r&d for other companies like alesis + others. and when those customers came to visit the offices of line6 (before it was called line6) and the receptionist needed to warn all the guys who were designing products for other companies (and for themselves... ) who were like 'in the back' the receptionist would announce over a tannoy 'tellephone call for 'fred smith' on line 6' the cunning part was that they only had 5 telephone lines, so it was the secret code for "hide your sh1t the feds are comin'" or "someone's coming, let's hide these PODs that we aren't going to release for another few years so they don't see them" 

BEST CABS: www.studiocat.com

#5 specracer986

specracer986

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationEl Lay
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:32 PM

So help a dummy to understand.

I have a JTV69. I like the sound of my mag pickups. If I wanted to have my mag pups as a model that could be saved in a Helix patch, how would I go about that?

#6 specracer986

specracer986

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationEl Lay

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:26 AM

I'm assuming I need to build each position up in WB by ear, which is what Smashcraaft probably did with his '59's pups. I just wondered if there was a short cut, probably not.

#7 Smashcraaft

Smashcraaft

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:27 AM

I have a JTV69. I like the sound of my mag pickups. If I wanted to have my mag pups as a model that could be saved in a Helix patch, how would I go about that?

You have to find the combination of virtual-body, pickups and tone-controls that works for a virtual-rebuild of your mags.

From my experience you start by choosing the neutral body and the virtual-PUs of the 89 which are modeled in the PU-List.

#8 cruisinon2

cruisinon2

Uber Guru

• Members
  • 5014 posts
  • Registered Products:4

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:31 AM

I'm assuming I need to build each position up in WB by ear, which is what Smashcraaft probably did with his '59's pups. I just wondered if there was a short cut, probably not.

Yup...trial and error. Heavy on the "error", till you find what works. ;)

#9 specracer986

specracer986

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationEl Lay

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:56 AM

Ok, a project to add to the list. I've actually only been into WB once. I guess it's time to learn it and see what I can come up with. I like the mags better than the spank models. Thanks.

#10 baggas

baggas

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia
  • Registered Products:5

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:49 AM

I'm working on doing this with my Custom Bank, in workbench - creating a model with a neutral body, and fully maximising the Magnetic blend. Then creating one in each of the five switch positions with the correct pickup combination selected.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jtv, jtv-59, variax, variax 59, jtv59, magnetics, mags, pickups, pus, humbucker