Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtvs, Workbench Hd, And Legacy Products

I'm the happy owner of a JTV-89F and JTV-69.

I'm using a POD X3 for desktop recording and a Vetta II combo amp for playing with other humans.

With the new Workbench upgrade, can I still save variax data to a preset in my Vetta?  If I aquired a POD X3 Live, could I save variax data to a preset?

Thanks...

F

The Workbench upgrade should not affect anything you can do with the JTV in your Vetta, or X3. The Vetta/X3 capabilities apply to the JTV itself, not Workbench. The JTV v2.0 firmware update affects the modeling that the JTV uses but, again, that should not affect anything to do with what is stored re: JTV presets in your Vetta/X3. Anything you could do before you should still be able to do. Remember, the Vetta just stores JTV settings - it has nothing to do with producing the JTV sounds.

Note that the Vetta/X3 are limited in what they can do with JTV presets compared to a Pod HD (e.g. can't store JTV alternate tunings in a Vetta/X3 preset, but can in a Pod HD500 preset) but that has always been the case. The JTV/Workbench updates should be transparent to you as far as your Vetta goes. You will, of course, hear the new modeling in your JTV.

Thanks for clarifying.  I was not aware that the Vetta/X3 could not store alt tuning data.  What I'm interested in doing is have my presets store JTV data (tuning, guitar/pick up config, etc) along with amp-effect-cab modeling data.  Guess, I need to look at the POD HDs a bit more closely.

Thanks for clarifying.  I was not aware that the Vetta/X3 could not store alt tuning data.  What I'm interested in doing is have my presets store JTV data (tuning, guitar/pick up config, etc) along with amp-effect-cab modeling data.  Guess, I need to look at the POD HDs a bit more closely.

Just to clarify, you can save a model on the Variax through Workbench with alternate tuning and have that model brought up on the JTV when you select a patch on the X3 or Vetta. On the POD HD, though, you don't have to do anything to the Variax model itself to have alternate tunings saved with the preset on the POD.