Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro X Newbie Questions

DjentG0D

So I finally got a pod hd pro x but after reading a few things on here i am curious and worried...

1. How would i connect it to the input of my combo amp?

2. What is the dreaded 8000000 something error and how is that caused? 

3. I have a 2i2 2nd gen solo focusrite interface...how would i hook that up to the pod hd pro x

4. Related to 3 i hear some mention that what they hear in the daw is not what they hear coming through the monitors and stuff how can I have it so that whatever tone i make using my monitors will end up sounding the same played back through the daw?  

The 2i2 only has two inputs so you'd either:

1) plug Pod's 2 XLR connectors (left/right) to the 2i2's two XLR connectors. or

2) plug Pod's 2 1/4" connectors (left/right) to the 2i2's two 1/4" inputs

Then USB the 2i2 to your computer.

Wait, does the Pod HD Pro X have both XLR and 1/4" output connections? If not, use whichever it has.

Regarding question #4, the problem is playing guitar thru an amp w/guitar speakers doesn't always sound the same as playing guitar thru an amp model and monitor speakers. This is due to lots of things (monitors, location of monitors, amp model not dialed in, etc). What you're describing, playing the guitar thru the HD and monitors or playing guitar thru the HD into DAW and then thru those same monitors, those two scenarios should sound the same unless you've added DAW effects.

Yes, plug the Focusrite 1/4" into the POD right 1/4" and the Focusrite XLR into the POD left XLR. I can't check right now but if you use the POD's left 1/4" (leaving the right 1/4" unplugged) then it'll sum L/R to mono. I'm thinking/hoping using the POD's right 1/4" (leaving the left 1/4" unplugged) then the mono summing does not happen.

But if I'm wrong, then just plug a dummy 1/4" jack into the unused POD 1/4" output and the L/R summing won't happen. So you could always do that (POD right 1/4" to 2i2, POD left 1/4" into dummy 1/4" jack going nowhere, POD left XLR to 2i2, POD right XLR disconnected).

Or, if you don't care about preserving the L/R stereo signals then just plug the POD left 1/4" into the 2i2 1/4" and be done with it. In this case the POD L/R output will be summed to mono. 

So, yes you can still do this.