5 replies to this topic

#1 Chalisque

Chalisque

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

When I want to effectively isolate one music project from another, multiple user accounts should be the easy way to do it.  It is except for one problem: software authorisation that is tied to the user account not just the machine.

When I try to authorise my POD software (for which a valid authorisation that I paid for exists on my TonePort), it informs my that I have reached the limit of authorisations.

This is silly.

Either use a hardware dongle or a challenge-response that authorises the machine once for all users, or offer a way for users to pass authorisations from one user account to another, on the same machine without intervention of an internet server.

However nice the POD software may be, if I cannot use it in a new user account without jumping through hoops, it is effectively useless and I am better off not using it at all, no matter how good the DSP is.  Relying on a product for serious music projects where product authorisation issues may prevent me using it at a critical moment is not good enough.

Please put your paying licensed users first and make it easy for them to use your products that they have paid for.

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14810 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

simply call them and get it reset, or open a ticket: http://line6.com/company/contact/

it's very easy.

#3 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2704 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

Why not just use the same Line 6 login for all users?

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14810 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

Why not just use the same Line 6 login for all users?

I thought he meant logging into different user profiles on the computer... i don't think you can have multiple line6 logins with the same licenses.

#5 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4543 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

Not quite getting why you would need multiple user accounts, unless by projects you mean clients.

Line6 did use a security dongle in 2 flavors, i-Lok, or your Line6 hardware, such as the Toneport.

Many users complained about the hassle and restrictions of having to use their hardware as a dongle.

So now there is Pod Farm 2.5 hardware independent.

If they did not have some sort of limitation on the authorizations I could theoretically authorize 1000's of computers.

They still have the i-Lok version available, but it is for plug-in only.

#6 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2704 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

I thought he meant logging into different user profiles on the computer... i don't think you can have multiple line6 logins with the same licenses.

Precisely.  He could have different user accounts on the computer, but use the same Line 6 account to authorize with.  He shouldn't run out of authorizations unless he is trying to authorize the computer(s) for POD Farm use without plugging in the TonePort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users