Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Guitar and Vocal Harmoniser plugin

AZCooper

I saw your earlier post also. I am not sure VST plugs will work well live unless you have some hardware to load them in...It really depends on the vsts you are using. It's doable, but I think latency becomes the battle with getting VSTs going live in a rig like you are building. Great Harmonizers take a good bit of processing power. There is a simple Harmonizer in the HD POD, but I seriously doubt it would work or track well with a vocal as. It works for some things on guitar, but I would not say it is strong. I would say it's a decent utility harmonizer for guitar..However, it is fairly simple to use...

Anyway, I have used the Vocallive boxes for a while (10 years now). I just helped a buddy of mine get going on the new Vocallive 3 Extreme...That box is just nutz...I don't think you will find a vst that does anything close to what the vocallive boxes do. In terms of live performance, a vocal live extreme can take care of a lot of stuff...The looper and backing track stuff are quite impressive. The guitar modeler is excellent as well. If you are building and investing in a rig for recording and live performance I think TC Helicon about as good as it can get in the vocal/guitar harmony area...just my opinion.