Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Relay G10T

GroundedSaintz

Just to let everyone know. If you update your transmitter firmware to 1.04, you will be able to use multiple transmitters w/ one receiver. This was not possible with the two previous firmware versions. This is very convenient for switching guitars on the fly, however you must still make sure only one transmitter is on to do this, so the firmware still needs an identifier so we can switch quicker. By identifiee, I mean the receiver should be able to negotiate the new source immediately when a signal passes through. Hopefully this will help. Also if you are concerned about the USB port failure issue, I have found this which will eliminate mechanical failure. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M2C5KHC/ref=mp_s_a_1_5/161-4993234-2150528?ie=UTF8&qid=1483821353&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=magnetic+micro+usb&dpPl=1&dpID=31OS8%2BJU5tL&ref=plSrch

Do you use this adapter already? I'm not sure if I understand the technical principle.

The adapter includes a tiny micro usb male insert with a flat magnetic oval plate. It is designed to be inserted into the female Micro USB jack leaving the magnetic plate to sit flush against the housing of the device to be powered. The other part of the adapter bridges the magnetic plate's contacts to the male micro usb connection of your existing cable.

The unresolved problem with the many Line 6 G10 Receiver bases that I have actually had in my hands, was that none of them had the micro USB jack sufficiently recessed to accept the micro USB cord such that the cord's shoulder rested snugly against the receiver's housing.

This magnetic USB adapter may help reduce the flex and break problem some G10 base usb jacks have suffered. It is likely the magnetic adapter will separate from the plate before the micro usb male section damages the jack in the G10 base.

The unresolved problem with the many Line 6 G10 Receiver bases that I have actually had in my hands, was that none of them had the micro USB jack sufficiently recessed to accept the micro USB cord such that the cord's shoulder rested snugly against the receiver's housing.

That's the point, isn't it? The female takes the male just halfway. So a lightweight cable would give a similar relief to the port as a magnetic solution would give?

Just to let everyone know. If you update your transmitter firmware to 1.04, you will be able to use multiple transmitters w/ one receiver. This was not possible with the two previous firmware versions. This is very convenient for switching guitars on the fly, however you must still make sure only one transmitter is on to do this, so the firmware still needs an identifier so we can switch quicker. By identifiee, I mean the receiver should be able to negotiate the new source immediately when a signal passes through. Hopefully this will help. Also if you are concerned about the USB port failure issue, I have found this which will eliminate mechanical failure. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M2C5KHC/ref=mp_s_a_1_5/161-4993234-2150528?ie=UTF8&qid=1483821353&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=magnetic+micro+usb&dpPl=1&dpID=31OS8%2BJU5tL&ref=plSrch

Oh that's great news to know as I just ordered an extra transmitter to try.

Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: ouch! so one transmitter at a time only?

The above only works if both transmitters find the same channel from the start.  :(

1. I docked the first G10T and it locked to Channel 2,
  2. I removed the first G10T, (it was off), and docked a second G10T... it locked to channel 1...
  3. Since the Receiver was last set to channel 1 it could not negotiate with the G10T set to Channel 2 when switching transmitters at the guitar without re-docking the channel 2 transmitter.

P.S. I was able to find out what channels the G10T's were transmitting on with the use of my G50 Receiver... (I just plugged the G10T into a guitar and spun the G50 Channel switch until I got green lights)

I hope this helps

Seeya

Joe

what happens if you got two guitars with the transmitters plugged in?

If your intention is to have both Guitars available for use with the same receiver base, then each of the G10 transmitters would need to be paired to the base receiver on the same channel. When not using either guitar, simply turn down it's Volume Pot so it doesn't send any signal, and in 4 mins that transmitter will go into standby sleep mode. When you subsequently turned up the Vol pot and touched a string that G10 transmitter would resume transmission activity. If two players will be using the guitars at the same, both signals would be recieved by the single base and routed to the whatever the base's outputs were plugged into.

If you have two receiver bases and wanted to assure that each G10 Transmitter only is received by it's corresponding receiver base, you would follow the normal pairing procedure, doing one set first and keeing it transmitting, followed by the other set. The auto channel selection routine of the base with it's corresponding transmitter would bypass the busy channel used by the first G10 set, and select another clear available channel from the 14 channels the G10 system uses.

"If your intention is to have both Guitars available for use with the same receiver base, then each of the G10 transmitters would need to be paired to the base receiver on the same channel."

"...If two players will be using the guitars at the same, both signals would be recieved by the single base and routed to the whatever the base's outputs were plugged into. "

So it can be done? I wanna use a guitar and a stompbox at the same time, or be able to play two guitars at once with my girl.

I have one Base Receiver and two G10T Transmitters...

The only problem is that you can't tell the base which channel to assign for each transmitter... it will pick the best after each specific scan...

(i.e. if one TX is on Channel 1 and the other TX is on Channel 2, there is no way to force the second TX to Channel 1)  :(

I did read in another post that if you are lucky enough that both TX's are on the same channel, the audio will mix in the Receiver... Sounds cool, but, I have not tested this.

seeya

Joe

In my use of one Transmitter with two base receivers, in an active WiFi environment, each time I paired the transmittter to the each Base, both bases consistently selected the same channel. As I was not using them all at the same time (i.e a second Transmitter to the second base on a different channel than the first set), I never left the first set transmitting, so that it would be seen by the second base pairing, thus forcing the second base to pair with its transmitter on another channel. This is the way Line 6 designed the G10 to normally be used.

My impression is that each time a G10 Transmitter and Base are physically plugged together, the auto channel seeking algorithim starts at the same first channel and advances to the next, if needed.

Have you confirmed they are both paired to the same channel with the receiver base?

One at a time depress each transmitter's microswitch at the base of the 1/4" shaft. When you depress the switch the base's halo light should change from pulsing to solid. If this occurs with each transmitter, they are on the same channel. If not, the Transmitter and base are not on the same channel.

Reinsert fully the Transmitter to the Base, wait 5 seconds and remove. Repeat, if necessary, with the other transmitter until both transmitters are on the same channel (confirmed by pressing the microswitch as described earlier).

Also confirm that the firmware installed is 1.04.

So, I confirmed both transmitters are now 1.04 

The base is 1.00

I tried many times, and only one transmitter is being detected (the last one paired on the base), I can make both transmitters solid green, but the base only goes solid white with one of them at a given time.

So in other words:

- Plugged transmitter A into the base, the light goes white solid confirming a channel has been selected.

- Tested the microswitch, works.

- Plugged transmitter B, the base confirms is working.

- Test it's microswitch, works.....test the microswitch from transmitter A and the base stays in standby mode (breathing light)

- Plug transmitter A, same thing.

- Plug transmitter B, same thing.

It seems like at this point, with the current base firmware,  the base can only accept one transmitter.

Given this is all digital I believe the unit cannot use two at the same time. The base should be able to handle two different channels at the same time and I'm not sure is capable of that.

I just hope it is, and Line6 could maybe come up with a new firmware to allow it. I mean, that would be a blast.

The problem is that I'm not sure the base chips can allow that.

Can anyone confirm you used two transmitters at the same time (both making sound) into one base?

Line6 might ask "why do you need two transmitters in one base?"

The reason is that I want to use a guitar and a stompbox at the same time going into the same amp. (Jazz, Acoustic stuff)

post-2492888-0-10451100-1484495058_thumb.jpg

I think what is happening is that transmitter A gets assigned a frequency. You take A out of the base and put it into a guitar, it is transmitting on that frequency. You put transmitter B into the base, it sees the frequency that A is using, so it assigns a different frequency to B. So now the base and transmitter B are now on the same frequency, but A is on a different frequency. 

Even if you could get two transmitters on the same frequency, I am not sure how the base would handle two input signals at the same time. 

They didn't design it to work with multiple transmitters, so I don't think it is really an issue. It would have been cool for someone to utilize if it worked. 

Perhaps if you put transmitter A into the base, it gets assigned default frequency. Take TxA out and make sure it is "off". If you put TxB into the base and it does not see TxA, then it should assign the same "default" frequency.

I'm never going to use it like that, so I am not really worried about it. I just use one transmitter and multiple guitars, just swap it out on the fly.