Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

XT Live editor?

Just picked up a POD XTLive used for practice, sounds pretty good.

Can you edit patches on the unit from your computer like newer modelers with the Monkey?

The Select encoder is bad, and I wanted to check some of the parameters, edit cabinets etc.

I have a Digitech GSP1101,so I'm used to being able to do that.

I connected it to my computer, software is all up to date.

It's apain to remove the one pc board the encoder is on, had to pull it out to replace power jack, broken USB jack and

gave it a good cleaning.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Wake up, guys - please! Gearbox and Line 6 Edit are defunct - they're useless unless you're running very old computers (Windows 8 or Mac OSX 10.8). In effect, it means Line 6 are not willing to stand by their products. It's not a huge task to update software to keep it compliant - almost trivial, in fact - clearly they don't care much for their users, no matter how supportive and loyal to the brand we've been. If you're affected by this, make a noise!!!

Wake up, guys - please! Gearbox and Line 6 Edit are defunct - they're useless unless you're running very old computers (Windows 8 or Mac OSX 10.8). In effect, it means Line 6 are not willing to stand by their products. It's not a huge task to update software to keep it compliant - almost trivial, in fact - clearly they don't care much for their users, no matter how supportive and loyal to the brand we've been. If you're affected by this, make a noise!!!

You are two years late to the rants for Gearbox. If you would have upgraded already you wouldn't be cruising every Gearbox post ranting. :)

The following has enabled GB to work for some people:

"Quote me"

Gearbox has worked for others but you have to change some settings. Soundcard sample rate to DVD quality, 16 bit, 48k MHz. Failing that you can try compatibility settings.

Custom Tone is OK but you are much better off learning to create your own patches btw.

• 4 years later...

Gearbox works fine for me under windows 10 .... with my Pod XT Live .... no problems at all .... However the tone libraries no longer exist by the looks so you cant download present tones but the general editing works a treat ... I believe there are sites that you can download saved tones from ... but not tried them yet 

• 9 months later...