Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tap/tuner Button Misfiring

undeceived

Hey, everyone.  I've had an HD500 for about a year and a half and recently the tap/tuner button started misfiring.  What I mean is that sometimes when I press it once, it registers as two times, making the tempo insanely fast.  Also sometimes when I hold it down and it goes to tuner, it will register contact, when I release it, so then it exits tuner mode.  Is there anything I can try to do before sending it in for repair?  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Where you get the switch from just in case I have to change mine one day? I am hoping an electronics store off the shelf switch is all that is needed.

I got mine from a local electronics store. The switches are similar* to this one:

http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/700336/APEM-Kurzhubtaster-12-VDC-50-mA-fuer-Durchsteckmontage-PHAP3301A-PHAP3301A-Drucktaster

*This one is a little bit taller than the original. (Works, but only if you remove the plastic part between the spring and the switch)

• Upvote 1

I got mine from a local electronics store. The switches are similar* to this one:

http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/700336/APEM-Kurzhubtaster-12-VDC-50-mA-fuer-Durchsteckmontage-PHAP3301A-PHAP3301A-Drucktaster

*This one is a little bit taller than the original. (Works, but only if you remove the plastic part between the spring and the switch)

Thank you very much for that. Info like this should remain a sticky

Thanks for all the replies, everyone!  The I uses the tap for tempo quite a bit, so I definitely need to get this resolved.  I just noticed that the other bottom buttons have the same problem.  It doesn't matter much when switching patches, but if I use the looper, it can cause some problems.  I'm thinking it may be the bottom circuitboard, so it looks like I'll have to send it in for repairs.