Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Really hoping for improved USB routing in next update!

ricksteruk

I've been experimenting using Helix with a Camera Connection Kit and iPad / iPhone.

There is so much an iPad can do and it's so easy to USB to Helix it up thanks the the CCK!

LoopyHD or Group The Loop are fantastic looper apps that make looping so much easier and fun than using the built in Helix looper - especially as they cab be MIDI synced (and Ableton Live synced)...

so I can sync them with a iPad drum machine like Vatanator or Drum Jam and have drums in sync with my loops..

But also I'd love to be able to run the MIDI Guitar app with a synth app to create string pads and so on.

Complicated?  Yes it can be as crazy as you like - but just one simple CCK and USB lead does it.

This would all be so much easier to set up with Helix if the Send / Return blocks could be set to USB - as it is I have to use a path output to send the guitar signal to the USB to MIDI guitar, but then it can't also continue on it's way through helix - so I can't use it just as a send.  One way for the time being is to use the "re-amping" outputs USB7&8, but of course those are just dry copies of the input.

So just to re-state my case from some time last year - can we have improved routing for the Send/Returns blocks please - and also more options on the Path ins and outs.   ;)  http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/SEND-Block-to-more-places-e-g-1-4in-for-easy-IR-bypass/818624-23508

• Upvote 1