#21 antonioctd

antonioctd

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

antonioctd,

You mention that you've had some problems with recording.  Have you resolved all those issues now?  Are you able to record multi-track with no problems?

Thank you.

Yes and no... 

There is a thread about it on this forum were many people gave advice. I've start to follow the advice and always format the SD card before recording, select the root folder, don't turn of the mixer before stopping record, save the scene and setup, etc...

It has been working... a few failed recordings but now if a recording is important I just test it before and if it is not working I just format the card and start all the process again until it works.

So, it's not stress free or convenient but it works...

I sure hope that Line6 can at the very least figure out exactly the cause of this problems so that I know what to do to make it always work with less efort...

#22 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

...It has been working... a few failed recordings but now if a recording is important I just test it before and if it is not working I just format the card and start all the process again until it works...

It seems to me that you may have some "dodgy" SD cards there, antonioctd...

Have you tried a "brand new" card that you've re-formatted before you've used it ?

#23 antonioctd

antonioctd

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

It seems to me that you may have some "dodgy" SD cards there, antonioctd...

Have you tried a "brand new" card that you've re-formatted before you've used it ?

yes.... :(

#24 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1275 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

Next "trick", antonioctd...

Spray a little of something like this http://www.radioshac...oductId=2104746 onto a clean cotton applicator, then use that slightly moistened applicator to "polish" the contacts on whatever SD card is giving you grief.

(Be sure it's fully dry before trying it again.)

Should that not effect a "cure" you could also try using an old card as a "mule" to VERY carefully carry a VERY thin film of that cleaner into your M20d's SD slot, the internal contacts of which may respond to being "wet scrubbed" by the repeated and  VERY GENTLE insertion and removal of your "mule" card, until it's obviously dry.

#25 linesixy

linesixy

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Ron, That's great practical advice on cleaning the contacts for SD cards / readers.

#26 linesixy

linesixy

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Many thanks to everyone that responded to this thread.  It's good to read about so many positive experiences with this innovative mixer.

If anyone else has any positive or negative comments... please keep them coming.

Thanks again.

#27 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1275 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

Ron, That's great practical advice on cleaning the contacts for SD cards / readers.

It's but one of a huge variety of "tricks" I've been lucky enough to pick up over the years, from others...

...this particular one having come from engineering colleagues responsible for camera maintenance, where surface-mount miniaturisation and automated assembly have conspired to make any access for such basic tasks almost totally impossible. 

#28 linesixy

linesixy

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Keep 'em coming, Ron.

I and many others appreciate your sage advice.

#29 mishulix

mishulix

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

OK, my turn here. I have the mixer since February. Just came back from a 2 months tour. We used the M20d for our band, with the sound engineer going in the crowd to do the mixing with the ipad mini. We had 40 locations all outside in 30-40 degrees Celsius in August and 9 in September being coldest. We had scorching heat, rain, humidity. Mixer performed admirably, no problems. Only problem was the connection with the iPad, which was sometime lost, but reconnected after a few seconds. It's not terrible, but it is annoying when it happens. That is my main complain about it. Another would be that the player does not start exactly when I press the play button, but has a ~3 second delay. Not terribly annoying, but still, you cannot do syncro-start, when you need to. Except that, we had no problem whatsoever, and I would recommend this gear to everybody. We are a 3 members band, with backing tracks, and me at the keyboards, guitarist and lead voice.

#30 jianyun63

jianyun63

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

I just got my M20d. Used twice. Sound is good! That is really a wonderful  design! I have only one problem with USB Sound card driver on windows 7. 

Having heard so much, I decided to keep my A&H conventional mixer for a while. Thought to sell it away. 

Thanks for the recommendation.

Samuel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users