Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A Bit Ticked off

mrcairo46

I've been using Line6 gear since 1999.  I've had Spyder I's and II's POD Beans, Floor board, POD XT , a Variax 500 and HD500. . The board in my HD500was giving me fits because the control pots for the effects controls were becoming unreliable.  I began to research the issue and found out that HD500 boards were available thru FullCompass.com for about $30 so I pulled the trigger and ordered one that arrived early  December.   Finally I got a day off to switch out the board, (which also I found out for a HD500x , a faster processor than in a HD500)  I strip the unit and discovered it was a real easy deal.  Switched it on and sounds sweet.  Heres the problem.  I tried to use Monkey to reinstall my sounds. No Dice.   Its not recognized and has no esn number.  I call service to get a serial number.  No dice.  I'm told I must take it to my service guy who needs to do "one little thing" and then i can register it..

Now , I love my guy at Just Audio in Baltimore.  They have great techs and are fantastic people, but, come on folks switching this board was not like sending a man to the moon or even setting action of a Strat.  It fires up , I can use it, I just cannot "Join" the product to the Collective so I'm thinking about leaving the collective all together.  I cannot understand how Line6 can let me get hold of parts, THEIR parts, fix the dang thing myself and then lock me out.  Maybe youtube has something.
Ridiculous or not ?? Should I be ticked????

Mrcairo46