Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Chorus Bug?

willjrock

Ive saved a preset. It sounds fine.....but when i leave the preset and come back to it, i get an "over modulated" chorus or excessive depth.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qszm56nlxtz5sa6/soup.mp3?dl=0

Once ive returned to the preset and am welcomed with the "over modulated chorus",  by altering the predelay at all, lets say from 6.1 to 6.2 i get this. The intended target, and where ive saved the preset initially.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srkz81znkjr9ndh/souper.mp3?dl=0

SO, if i save and leave the preset, and then come back to it, i get the sound in my first link. Every time. It is not normal behavior. Just a heads up.

Anyone reproduce? Here is the preset. The 5th block from the left is a redwirez IR, which im sure is unimportant to the matter (or maybe not who knows) 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xpmez6p6ldfnp2r/Test%20Preset.hlx?dl=0

• 1 month later...

I am reproducing this consistently with my two-week old Helix. Glad (although not really) to see that this is more than just my unit or user error....

I initially modify the default Chorus block settings to raise pre-delay from 3.2 up to 9, for a doubling effect, but with the pitch modulation still mild. I save the preset, come back (with or without Helix editor connected, with or without rebooting Helix) and it's a wacky almost-half-step pitch mod.

• 5 weeks later...

Two people are reporting this behavior, and support said to send your Helix back for repair? That seems odd to me.

Has anyone tried to repro this and NOT seen it? (Not at my Helix or I'd try myself.)

When you come back to the patch, do you see the settings you saved, but it sounds different? Or are the settings getting messed up?

FYI, other users can't see that issue link, only the person whose ticket it is.

Two people are reporting this behavior, and support said to send your Helix back for repair? That seems odd to me.

Has anyone tried to repro this and NOT seen it? (Not at my Helix or I'd try myself.)

When you come back to the patch, do you see the settings you saved, but it sounds different? Or are the settings getting messed up?

FYI, other users can't see that issue link, only the person whose ticket it is.

Hey Z, I have replaced the files. Actually they were never moved, so i dont know if it had anything to do with a dropbox update or what.

Another thing is that , when i initially linked the files, you could play the audio right here, without being redirected to dropbox, and i like that, but for whatever reason (i cant see how its anything im doing) that is no longer the case.

In any case the files are there now

Hey Dave, it seemed odd to me as well, unless there is proof elsewhere that this bug existed on other units and 2.21 took care of it (it didn't with mine, and I know I updated correctly) That's why I bumped the thread - to get some other perspectives.

As for the ticket, thanks - I learned shortly after I posted that it was specific to me -guess it at least shows folks there's something logged.

The pre-delay setting certainly saves...it's the resulting sound that is screwed up once you return to the preset from another - very different from how it sounds when you simply turn the pre-delay knob up with the preset active.

Thanks for updating those files just now willjrock.

Mitch

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update for the interested - Line 6 just confirmed the fix for this pre-delay warble issue is slated for the next release. Software, not hardware related. I'd confused their response with one from a different ticket.