Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Multiple DT50's, L6 Link, MIDI and hidden parameters

jazfunk

Are there any Dream Rig experts around? I have two DT50's, daisy chained and an HD500X. When I assign MIDI commands to a footswitch to turn on the 12AX7 boost, the amps are not in sync. When the DT50 head's boost is on, the DT50 212's boost is off.  Closer inspection of the 2x12, via the DT Edit software, reveals that the toggle switch is backwards.  When it says "OFF", it's actually on.

Not only that, I've disconnected the MIDI cables and the footswitch still functions. Maybe it's my lack of knowledge but it seems strange as I thought it was MIDI commands making the change. Crazy weird.

Additionally, the footswitch light does not light up when it's assigned to a MIDI command, only. I don't want to waste a block nor add to the DSP just to create a dummy block for a light. Is this honestly the only way to light up the switch?

I should mention that I'm connected via L6 Link.

• 3 weeks later...

I have read in other posts about the reversed operation of the boost, but I don't have the 50, just the 25 so I don't know of a work around. My initial guess is that you are doing the same thing multiple ways. You're using the Line 6 Link AND midi where you may only need one or the other depending on which commands are supported over each protocol. Are you just going one direction with the midi cables, or do you have a second coming back to the first amp? Just a thought.