18 replies to this topic

#1 frayed1

frayed1

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

I turn on my hd500x and Line 6 just keeps flashing on the screen. can someone please tell me if I can do a manual factory reset using just the peddle.

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15393 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

hold the direction key to the left and power on.

#3 frayed1

frayed1

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

ok so i did that and had to connect to my computer to re install the flash. Did that but the hardware wouldn't communicate with my computer. I uninstalled and re installed everything, still nothing. if i open the 500x hd edit i get an error message and none of the patches open      

#4 SjPedro

SjPedro

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

you are probably experiencing flash corruption. 

try to power the unit with the left arrow clicked but this time try to do it with the USB disconnected. 
Also check if the USB drivers are correctly installed. you can download them at the support page

#5 frayed1

frayed1

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Did that. I tried everything. Reinstalled the flash, drivers, film wear, 500x edit and monkey. still wouldn't work. just for good measure I did a factory reset on my laptop and went through the whole process again..........nothing. So I brought it back and got a new one. So far this one works fine. Hopefully it will last longer then the ten days the last one worked. 

#6 SjPedro

SjPedro

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

I corrupted the flash on mine just 12 hours after owning it :P 

I saved a setlist as a patch and sent it to the POD, she didn't enjoy it! but I got it back to work again. 

I believe there is another procedure that you can do to get it back to work but you solved your problem in some other way and that's what matters! :) 

#7 LDBecker

LDBecker

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles area

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

Just a quick note to say that this thread helped me - I was about to work in Edit and when I booted up my computer I got a message that Edit couldn't load from the HD-500x, and I was to shut it off and restart it. Then I started getting the flashing Line 6 message on the POD. I knew there would be a reset procedure but didn't see it in the manual anywhere. A quick Google search found this thread and I'm back in business by holding the left direction key as I powered on and using Monkey to reflash. It asked if I wanted to save the presets, which I did, and in a few seconds all was well. Not sure what I did to merit this drama but glad it was an easy fix.

This forum is a really helpful thing!

Larry

#8 gckelloch

gckelloch

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

A few guesses are:

-power surges, which may be resolved by using a surge protector/power conditioner.

-broken/shorting USB jacks.  Check the USB jacks and  plugs to see if the thin plastic section in the middle is broken.  Do not use them if that's the case.

#9 LDBecker

LDBecker

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles area

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Brand new HD-500x, new cable, surge protector, jacks are fine.

I find it a little odd that there is no on/off switch on the HD-500x. I was worried that plugging it in to power it on would be a bit of a shock to its system - but I think even before I started this session something had become corrupted in the memory of the unit. The Edit software was having trouble reading it, and when I did as the software suggested - plugged and unplugged the system, it went into the endless Line 6 start up screen.

Oh well - seems ok now, and I know how to reset the unit.

Thanks!

Larry

#10 gckelloch

gckelloch

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

Glad it's fixed, Larry.  Unplugging the Pod HD PSU while it's attached to your computer is akin to detaching a USB device without removing it from the system first.  That's something to check into.  In Windows, there is a system tray icon for USB devices.

#11 karterfury

karterfury

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

if anyone is having this problem,  you must unplug all usb, phono and etc cable before plugging in the the power supply,  I had the same problem and that fixed it immediately,  don't power down by unplugging it

#12 lombardo66

lombardo66

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for the info!  I needed to reset my memory too after accidentally overwriting stuff  :)

#13 IshaanspiderIV15

IshaanspiderIV15

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:52 AM

Hey I experienced the same problem but after the factory reset, it works just fine but it still doesn't detect it on the edit software.

Any way to fix this? 

#14 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15393 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:43 AM

sounds like a driver problem, i would change usb ports and maybe reboot as a starting point.

Hey I experienced the same problem but after the factory reset, it works just fine but it still doesn't detect it on the edit software.

Any way to fix this? 

#15 FlyingsCool

FlyingsCool

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:19 AM

I understand these issues also happen if you load a corrupted patch, or one that was written for a desktop bean or other device.  Make sure to only use patches written for the 500 or 500X, or whatever device you are using.  Basically, the patches are not universal, and different devices have different sets of settings, so stuff gets overwritten with bad values and the POD gets confused.  There's a converter in the sticky at the top of the POD forum that'll supposedly convert between all the different devices.  I believe the 500 and 500X are cross-compatible, but that's it.

#16 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15393 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

I would add that the converter is a 3rd party unsupported by line6 utility as well.

super nice of someone to take the time... but for all we know it could just be renaming the file extensions.

probably doing alot more....

just saying... that might not be 100% bulletproof either.

I understand these issues also happen if you load a corrupted patch, or one that was written for a desktop bean or other device.  Make sure to only use patches written for the 500 or 500X, or whatever device you are using.  Basically, the patches are not universal, and different devices have different sets of settings, so stuff gets overwritten with bad values and the POD gets confused.  There's a converter in the sticky at the top of the POD forum that'll supposedly convert between all the different devices.  I believe the 500 and 500X are cross-compatible, but that's it.

#17 FlyingsCool

FlyingsCool

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Thanks, I meant to mention that. I've used it for my Bean. Converted a ton of 500 and 500x tones. Haven't had an issue yet.

#18 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15393 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

the fix is easy if you know it... but the panic if you don't... that kind of sucks. :D

#19 johnfano

johnfano

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

help me ... 
I do update flash memory my POD HD 500 X from version 1. 10  to version 1:20, when in the middle process, appear notification in line 6 monkey "POD HD 500 X updates failed, firmware update times out waiting for response from the device, try the update again, making sure the cable are still connected "then I tried over and over but can not always do the updates and notifications always appear the same, now I have a problem, in the LCD appears a message "Flash Update", I tried to turn off my hardware power but after reboot back to "Update Flash" .. I have tried to do a hardware reset by pressing the left arrow button navigation, but does not work ... please help me to solve this problem .... 

sorry, my english so bad

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help!!!, pod hd 500x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users